twenty six

LEA HAS HAD a lot of questions that she had wanted to find the answers to

LEA HAS HAD a lot of questions that she had wanted to find the answers to. She has had questions about the wonders of the world, questions about the structure of the universe, questions about evolution, questions about humanity, mankind and war, questions about people and why they fall in love, questions about life and how painfully unfair it was to some people.

But the burning question was why life was unfair to someone like Alec. Someone kind and nice like Alec. Someone wonderful and amazing like Alec. Someone who deserved the world like Alec.

Life was fucking unfair. Fucking shitty. Fucking selfish.

Lea stands out in the cold with Connor's coat wrapped around her body that keeps her warm to an extent but it doesn't matter. Her phone falls down to the ground, hitting the wet, moist grass, stirring dirt around the hard material but it doesn't matter. Connor walks towards her to ask her what's wrong as she stands in shock, her mouth slightly open ajar but it doesn't matter.

All that matters is Alec.

And Bash.

Lea flutters her eyes in conformation and removes herself from her fixed position, picking her phone up from the ground. Hot tears sting on her cheeks that run through her skin and she swallows the salty taste whilst licking her chapped lips.

"What's wrong, Lea?" Connor inquires, shaking her shoulders.

She ignores him easily and dials Leighton's number when Connor tugs at her shoulder blades, continuously asking what was up with her. Shoving his question, she walks away from him giving him the cold shoulder.

She walks to the crowd of people who are toasting and wishing the new couple a good and happy life. Everyone looks so cheerful and happy but she is lost is another world, somewhere where Alec is worried, somewhere where he is crying at the loss of his own mother, the one he wanted to be there for but life simply had to be unfair.

"Lea, wait," Connor breathes, standing in front of her after chasing her. "Where are you going? The party isn't over yet."

"I-I," she stammers. "I have to be somewhere."

"But, you can't just leave. Anna wanted to see you," he makes his plea, asking her to stay. "I'm sorry if I did something wrong, I didn't mean the words I said. Tell me what's wrong."

She shakes her head violently, partly due to the cold and partly due to the shock that devours her. "I really have to go. I'm sorry."

She walks past him, fidgeting her fingers tapping them on her phone. A familiar sound of footsteps fills the air around her and she turns her neck, her face shivering to see who it is. "Atleast give me my coat back," Connor says bluntly.

Instantly, she removes his coat from her body and hands it over to him as he looks at her in surprise. Normally, when he did something like this, something to annoy her intentionally, she would bite him back with a witty reply but now that she stays silent without fighting back, it amazes him and makes him wonder what is really bothering her.