eight

lea | alec

lea | alec

WHILE THE clinging sound of notifications explodes in her ears, she finds her ominous restraint burn down to flames. Despite her intrepid efforts to ignore his messages that he's been sending for the past two days, she finds her hand digging into her bag, rummaging her phone. Inhaling a deep breath, she reads his messages with a null expression on her face.

lea, i'm so sorry. that was completely rude and i handled the situation carelessly.

just so you know, harper and i are okay. we talked it out and we're fine. also, she told me that she wanted to apologize to you for being so mean.

lea?

She doesn't bother denying that Alec handled the situation carelessly. Both of them still had a lot of things that were still unfamiliar to each other and the allegation of him cheating on his girlfriend with her still humiliated her. Reading his excuses, a smile falters from her lips as she realizes that he feels rather guilty about what happened. 

i'm listening.

thank god. now i can breathe a breath of relief.

i didn't want to carry the guilt of wrecking something that you care about so much.

you wouldn't, lea. trust me. i feel really guilty for harper accusing you of something that you didn't do. what she did was rude, there's no way to justify it. 

oh, and she wanted to apologise.

nah, i think i'm fine. that'll only make the situation more awkward.

i'm really sorry. that shouldn't have happened. i let things slip away hastily.

i don't want to sound like a broken record, but is she really fine with you and me talking?

yes, she is. i do like her and i value our relationship more than anything but there's this thing called freedom, you know. she can't tell me what to do even if i'm her boyfriend. that's no sign of a healthy relationship.

you really have it figured out, haven't you? i didn't know you were this mature of a man. how old are you again?

ever the ageist, are we? i'm pretty mature, can't you tell? 

you know what they say, people who call themselves mature are not mature.

okay, i forfeit. i accept i kinda bragged.