Regret// Trunks X Reader

DISCLAIMER: (must read!!!)

OKay people of Wattpad!! I know one of the previous chapters, I said it would be him being reminiscent and such. But I decided to swap the roles as make YOU the reminiscent one!! Yay!! (*note the sarcasm*)

It was a bit easier to write like this and it has a bit of a twist at the end.

Don't forget to comment, vote and add!!

.

.

.

Bold/Italics = Flashbacks

Normal/Italics = Present Time
.

.

.

.

ENjoy!!

.

.

.

.

.

.

"What the hell, Trunks?!!" I screamed, tears streaming endlessly from my eyes. Good thing I didn't wear makeup, or I would have looked like a real mess. I slammed my phone onto the hardwood table, making him wince. I let out a whimper due to trying to hold back the sobs.

I winced as the memory rushed through my head. The memory of the only time my heart had been completely shattered. I sighed, readjusting my styled hair. My earrings brushed against my hand as I pulled it away from my H/C locks.

His mouth dropped when he saw the picture of himself with a beautful brunette. She had sparkling green eyes along with red lipstick that complimented her perfectly. She wore a red and black crop top which displayed a band I've never heard of. Her black skinny jeans and combat boots matched her look perfectly. In the picture she held onto his arm comfortably, her head resting on his shoulder as she laughed with him. He seemed happy with her as he gazed at her caringly. His hand was buried in his pockets as he laughed.

I closed my eyes as the music played behind me. The memory of the picture clouded my sight. I rubbed my forehead in a stressed manner. Now I know she's not a terrible person. The beautiful brunette is now one of my best friends...

I crossed my arms as he examined the picture more. He seemed confused, which pissed me off even more. He calmly placed the phone back on the table, making me take a deep breath as an attempt to try to calm down.

He gave me a straight face, and I shot him a glare of pure anger.

I feel regret and guilt rush through my body as I try to compose myself. Why are these memories bothering me now of all times?? I run my fingers over my white dress almost to straighten out the already flawless dress.

"Y/N.. it's not--"

"It's not what it looks like." I spat, finishing his sentence. He sighed heavily and looked at me with disbelief. I gave him the same look, not even wanting to hear his excuses.

I should have. I should have listened to his 'excuses.' He would have told me the truth. I know now. I know that she's his closest friend, his sister even.

I grabbed the flowers, holding them tightly in my hands.

"I've heard it before. Everyone says it, but does everyone mean it??"

He did. He meant it, Y/N.

I yelled at myself mentally.

He opened his mouth, but I cut him off. "Why would you do this, Trunks?? Was...... Was I not good enough for you??" I choked on my words, sinking to my knees. There I was on my knees, crying on his floor.. Over him.

"Y/N.. Please listen, I don't care for her in--" He pleaded, getting on his knees as well, but I cut him off again. I didn't want to regret breaking up with him, after all... He did deserve it. He deserved everything coming to him.

He does deserve everything coming to him, great job, loving girlfriend, happiness... I don't deserve goodness however.

I might not have wanted to regret it... But I do.

I do.

"I see you with her everyday!!!" I screeched, breaking into sobs once more. My body shook as I sobbed violently. I'd never felt so heartbroken, maybe I shouldn't have been so kind to him. Maybe I shouldn't have trusted him.. I couldn't believe he had thrown away a two year relationship.

He sighed, grabbing my hands, holding them with his own. I looked at him tearfully. I looked in his eyes, remembering all of our good times. I shook my head, trying to get the thoughts out of my head.

I wish I had noticed he was trying to get through to me. So he could tell me I was wrong.

'I'm sorry, Trunks.' I thought as I began to walk, the music got louder as I walked to my future.

"I'm... Just... So... Done..." I sobbed, burying my face in my hands as I cried in front of the guy who took my heart and threw it in the trash.

No.. That's wrong, I practically threw his heart in the trash. I didn't let him speak, or even reason with me.

I continued walking, until I met my destination and my eyes met a loving face.

"Done...?? Is... there no way to change your mind...... Babe??" He spoke, his voice breaking and cracking while he said what he should have said in the first place. Maybe then I would have taken him back.

My hands interwined with the man in front of me's as the memories still cursed my mind.

Trunks' words flooded my mind. I wish I could change my answer to him.

To both of them.

"I don't think so..." I cried, wiping my tears which were replaced by new ones quickly. I felt a certain emptiness in my heart, an emptiness I haven't gotten rid of yet.

I stood up still crying, as I made my way to his door ever so slowly.

"Do you take James Rogers as your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, through sickness and health?" The preacher asked me, giving me a warm smile.

My lip quivered as I made myself ready to answer.

"I..... Uh... Goodbye Trunks."

"I.... do.."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Okayyy, looks like I updated!!! (finally) I've been working on this --short-- one shot for quite a while. I wanted to do this in Trunks' point of view, standing and waiting for his bride to walk down the aisle.... But I thought it would come out better in Y/N's POV. I think it did.

Did anyone notice the reference in Y/N's husband's name? No? 

Also, I noticed that I've been making these author's notes shorter... Is it easier to read?? I also noticed that when certain people comment, they don't comment for the chapter anymore. They comment at the end when I put comment ___ if you read this. I don't see anyone commenting about my writing anymore? I noticed this escpecially last chapter. I believe all of the comments were "who are you calling pinhead?" Was the chapter not as good as expected??

Oh whale.

Till next time,

-Sam.