Marry Me// Trunks X Reader

.

.

.
A/N: I decided to make a songfic. Don't judge me if it's really bad. XD It's my first one. Oh, here's the song I used:

.
Also, if there are any typos, I apologize because my keyboard is kinda screwed up.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Trunks' blue eyes averted to the floor, looking down at his freshly polished dress shoes. He couldn't believe it. She actually got him to dress nice. He thought about how much he loved her as someone walked by with wedding decorations.

She wants to get married, she wants it perfect. She wants her grand daddy preaching the service.

He chuckled, thinking about Y/N in that white dress. He'd see her walking down the aisle, finally being graceful. At least he hoped she wouldn't trip over the dress. The thought of it made him laugh, as it sounded like something she would do.

She wants magnolias out in the country, not too many people. Save her daddy some money.

As the decorators were making last minutes arrangements, he thought about the first time they met. Trunks remembered her hiding behind bushy hair. He remembered her melodious laugh as they ran through the school during recess. Trunks smiled to himself thinking about how important she grew to be.

Ooh, she got it all planned out. Yeah, I can see it all right now.

He remembered the first time they danced together. It was their sixth grade dance and she couldn't find a date. He remembered her being gloomy until he asked her to dance. At first it was just a kind gesture, but as she twirled around in her green dress he could've sworn he felt the world spin with her.

I'll wear my black suit, black tie hide out in the back. I'll do a strong shot of whiskey straight out the flask.

The memories surrounded him on this joyous day, he felt almost reminiscent as today would change their lives forever.

I'll try to make it through without crying so nobody sees.

The memory of the first time he saw her cry stung his heart. She had gotten her heart broken by some jerk who took pride in breaking people's hearts. Trunks remembered holding her until around 2 AM when she finally fell asleep. He remembered thinking that he was good enough for her, if only she'd give him the chance...

Yeah, she wants to get married. But she don't wanna marry me.

So much had happened to her throughout her life and yet she found a way to smile through it all. He sighed to himself as he realised that perhaps she's the reason he knows what true love is.

I remember the night when I almost kissed her. Yeah, I kinda freaked out. We've been friends for forever.

He felt regretful as he remembered the time he almost kissed her. It was the same day she was accepted into her 2nd college choice. He always hated the memory because just the day before he felt happy that she wasn't accepted into her first choice, as it was far away. When she was accepted to her second choice she jumped on him and hugged him tight. At that moment, he almost kissed her but decided against it. It was a choice that still haunted him.

I always wondered if she felt the same way, when I got the invite I knew it was too late.

He sighed, standing at the pew. It was time for them to stand, even if the bride wasn't coming for a few minutes. His hands shook, nervous. Trunks almost laughed at himself. He was being ridiculous. Who was he to have wedding jitters?

I know, her daddy's been dreading this day. Oh, but he don't know he's not the only one giving her away.

He took a deep breath, trying to mentally prepare himself for what was to come. His heart felt as if it was going to burst, his eyes felt watery and his legs couldn't properly hold him up.

I'll wear my black suit, black tie hide out in the back. I'll do a strong shot of whiskey straight out the flask.

Trunks growled to himself. Maybe he should have had a shot of whiskey before taking his postition. Maybe then he'd be more prepared to be here. He remembered when he first found out she was engaged.

Y/N squealed, showing Trunks the ring. "Isn't it pretty? Honestly, I never thought I'd find love." She sighed happily, still hypnotized by her ring.

"I can't think of anyone more perfect for me than him."

Trunks exhaled sharply, looking down. "Yeah...Nobody." 

I'll try to make it through without crying so nobody sees, yeah she's wanna get married. But she don't wanna marry me.

He gritted his teeth to hold back any emotion. For a second he thought about leaving, to be honest the idea didn't sound to bad at the moment.

But she got on a dress now, welcoming the guests now. I can try to find her, get it off of my chest now. But I'm not gonna mess it up. So I wish her the best now.

Trunks was about to turn on the heel of his shoes, but the orginizer walked out, telling everyone to get in position as the bride would be coming at any moment. It was too late to leave.

So I'm in my black suit, black tie. I'm out in the back, doing a strong shot of whiskey straight out the flask.

Before she came, he took a swig of whiskey to attempt to calm his nerves. He looked down, thinking to himself. "I love her."

Yeah, she's gonna get married.

But she ain't gonna marry me.

No, she ain't gonna marry me.

YAY! I think I'm back in the groove of updating regularly. (For the most part.) I hope this one kind of made sense. I know it was a bit all over the place, but it's based loosely off of the Thomas Rhett song "Marry Me."

It's a really beautiful song, so I decided to write (or at least attempt to write) a beautiful one shot.

Till next time?

EDIT: Thank you guys so much for 60K views!!! OMG That's crazy! I just saw it as I published the chapter. It means so freaking much to me.