Couldn't have loved me better// Gohan X Reader

.
Let me just turn your attention to the picture at the top. WHAT A CUTIE. ;)

Also, this is somewhat of a songfic. I used the lyrics from this AMV.

I thought it was really pretty and I wanted to write something from it. Oh, and I'm too lazy to look up the song or the artist so I apologize if I don't know the name of the song. Um.. On to the one shot?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Know that I love you so.

Y/N's eyes grew foggy as his lips grazed against her forehead. He was also tearing up dispite the two knowing that the relationship wouldn't last forever. It was to be expected.

I didn't want us to burn out, I didn't come here to hurt you now I can't stop.

For the past few weeks they could feel the sparks between them were slowly settling, slowly disappearing. Her hands pressed against his chest and her fists clenched, gripping his shirt. Her face scrunched up as she felt tears falling, her face looking down to keep him from seeing her cry.

I want you to know it doesn't matter where we take this road.

It was only a matter of time until one of them broke it off but she didn't expect it to come so quickly. It was an odd sensation for her. She loved him with all her heart, but only part of it at the same time.

But someone's gotta go.

He lifted her chin like he used to when they first fell in love with each other. Y/N blinked, more tears being sent in different directions. "I still love you."

And I want you to know, you couldn't have loved me better.

He nodded. "I know. I love you too." She shook her head, wiping tears as she thought about how different the rest of her life would be without Gohan. She felt a wave of anxiety and also the familiar feeling of lightheadedness. She didn't want him to leave her.

But I want you to move on. Looking at you makes it harder.

His shaky, unsure, forced smile made her feel worse as he spoke. "It's really hard for me to leave you, Y/N. I hope you know that."

But I know that you'll find another
that doesn't always make you want to cry.

Y/N wiped more fresh tears, letting out a small cry. "I would hope so. I hope you still remember me after all of this." He laughed through tears, kissing her forehead four times. He hugged her frantically, kissing her cheek. "I will never forget you, Y/N. Never."

It started with a perfect kiss. Remember all the things we wanted?

"You were my first kiss, my first love, my best friend. You'll be with me forever. Just.... not physically." The words he spoke were like pins and needles striking her heart slowly, causing lasting pain.

Now all the memories are haunted.

She was still crying, something she was sure she'd be doing more often. Her eyes glanced at his bags, knowing it was the end. She tried preparing herself for it a few months ago. She pulled away from him, perhaps it was her fault after all.

She looked down as his hand left hers.

We were always meant to say goodbye.

"Goodbye, Y/N."

I hope this was sad enough. I'm not sure exactly how it came out because I haven't gotten much feedback from my proof reader. AHEM. You know who you are.

Uhm, so yeah. That's all I guess.

Comment vote and maybe follow please? xD