Just Friends// Goten X Reader

If you were to say that you and Goten were dating, you wouldn't be crazy. However, you would be wrong. The two of you were just friends. Friends who gazed into each other's eyes lovingly, blushed whenever you talked to each other and made Trunks gag just about every time you guys acted like a couple.

Today was no different, he actually decided to take you to the carnival... On Valentine's Day.

You walked into the carnival with him, tempted to grab his
hand. He bumped into you with his shoulder, practically jumping up and down. He was so adorably excited, making you laugh. He grabbed your hand, almost automatically triggering a blush on your face. Your feet aimlessly followed his, Goten leading you to a spinning ride. You shook your head as he gave the tickets to the admin, racing to take a seat.

A forced smile appeared on your face, he knows that you hate spinning things because you get dizzy after one turn. As the ride began and gradually sped up, Goten's laugh made the ride all the more enjoyable. You eventually found yourself laughing like an idiot, clutching onto his arm. There was a child screaming behind you, making you laugh a bit harder. The sensation of spinning made you dizzy, however your laughing didn't stop until the ride did.

You walked out of the circle like ride with the feeling that your legs would melt at any given moment. Your hands never left Goten's arm. He chuckled at you. "That was fun, right?"

You laughed, nodding your head. "Surprisingly." He laughed, grabbing your hand once again. He stopped at a game, nudging your shoulder. He payed for three balls on the ball toss, looking confident in himself.

"Watch this Y/N-- Imma win you that large kitty cat."

You smiled politely at him, knowing Goten's aim wasn't the best. However, you found his excitement adorable and just couldn't ruin it. He threw a ball, it landed in the zero spot. He turned to you with a goofy grin before throwing another ball into the zero slot. He clutched the last ball, throwing it before itblanded in the ten spot. He bought six more balls, before tapping his cheek.

"For good luck?" His puppy eyes got the best of you, so you kissed his cheek. You stepped back to let him to his thing. He threw the first ball, ten.

20.

0.

10.

10.

0.

He laughed sheepishly. "I guess I'm a little rusty?" You kissed his cheek again before grabbing his hand.

"I'll be happy with the purple bear over there, let's get on the ferris wheel."

He nodded, accepting the purple bear from the man. The two of you strolled through the carnival, enjoying the lively scenery. Goten seemed considerably less excited than he was in the beginning, so you decided to try and cheer him up. You put the bear in front of your face, holding onto it's hands.

The bear's purple arm pat Goten's shoulder, catching his attention. He looked, confusion written all over his face. You made the bear shimmy and dance a little before talking in an embarrassing baby voice.

"Thank you for Bear Bear. Y/N weally wikes it." You poked your face from behind the bear to see his reaction. He laughed shaking the bear's hand. Goten's smile subconsciously made you smile, meanwhile you were still making the bear dance.

"You're welcome-- What was his name again?"

"Bear Bear."

"Bea--- Bear Bear? What kind of a name is Bear Bear?"

His throaty laugh made you smile. You were hugging the bear, defending it's name's honor. "Bear Bear is the best name." You huffed before stomping away childishly, not waiting for Goten to follow you. It took him a few seconds to realise you weren't stopping before trying to catch up with you himself.

"Y/N! WaiT UP!"

You happily turned in two ticket to the admin before hopping onto the seat for the ferris wheel. You pat the seat beside you, Goten taking up the seat momentarily. You gripped his hand subconsciously as it started to move. You somehow found it relaxing when you grabbed his arm and laid your head on his shoulder. Sometimes Goten would lay his head on yours or kiss the top of your head, which is probably why people often mistake the two of you as a couple. Honestly, the thought of it wasn't so bad.

Goten nudged your face slightly, shaking you out of your thoughts. When you lifted your head, you could see that the two of you were intop of the ferris wheel. Your mouth stayed open, you were mesmerised by ge beauty of it all. You were to busy looking at the ground below to realise that Goten was staring at you fondly, probably mesmerised by your beauty.

The two of you were heading down which meant the ride was ending, as time seemed to start again, you felt it slow down once more. His face was mere inches from yours, and your fingertips were touching. The moment was so pure and innocent. Slowly but surely your faces inched closer, connecting gently. The moment the two of your faces made contact, it felt as though everything stopped. The air seemed sweeter, and butterflies erupted in your stomach.

The two of you pulled away with a jolt. Literally. The ride stopped and the admin glared at the two of you. Apparently he was sick of lovey dovey couples for one day. You giggled, blushing.

You ran out of the ride, however you only made it a few feet because you needed to wait for Goten. He followed, apologizing to the admin.

The two of you walked passed the ball throw again and you felt adventurous. You paid for three balls. You handed your bear to Goten, cheering. Goten's face dropped, him looking dissappointed.

You threw the ball, it landing in the 50 slot. You cheered, throwing another ball.

30.

You screeched throwing the last ball.

20.

You cheered, pointing at the big wolf. The person behind the bar happily handed it to you. You looked at Goten, whose jaw was dropped to the floor. You handed the wolf to him before grabbing Bear Bear back from him. You grinned.

"What's it's name gonna be?"

"Wolfdog."

"What?"

"Wolfdog. It's better than Bear Bear."