chapter:1✔

Thank-you for voting and being an amazing reader Ashyy554 go check out her work (Cindy found love).

My parents were a subject grandma didn't like to mention much for whatever reason, my grandfather had died in the war when grandma was pregnant for my mom. Grandma was shattered, they had newly gotten married and he had brought her to the cottage where they had spent their honeymoon before he was called back to war.

Grandma was still pretty young then, a bride of just four and twenty, her Auburn hair was still vibrant from the polaroid I saw of her as she smiled prettily up at a huge brown-haired man. Who was as good-looking as the princes in my fairy tale book, Grandma promised that when I was of age, I would find my prince like all the other princesses and live with him happily ever after in our castle.

I realized that anytime I asked for my mom and dad granny freezes up but I had to because everyone in my school had one of those and they usually taunted me with that fact cause only grandma comes for all the activities in my school, I didn't even see anything wrong with that until Billy in a boy who usually loved to pick on me told me that his mom told him that my parents abandoned me because I was ugly and embarrassment to them and I was even a burden to grandma. I was so mad and I hit him harder than I hit anybody in my entire life and that earned me timeout and grandma was called to come pick me up for fighting in school for the rest of the day.

That day I asked about my parents and threw the biggest tantrum I ever had, grandma couldn't give me an answer and I was angry, moody, antagonistic, I didn't want grandma to love me or cuddle me, I just wanted her to bring me to my parents, I don't know if it was that or something else but there was definitely strain in our relationship such that I didn't notice how much weaker she grew or there was more white in her head than usual or the fact that I had to stay more often with her friend than before, I was so sucked up in my selfish need to sate the wagging tongue that I failed to realize that grandma was really sick, but then she wouldn't have told me any way she would have felt I was too young to know.

The death of my grandma who had shown me so much love and care came as shock to me, that was the first time I got to know how it felt like to lose someone really important to me. I got my wish to see my parents because I was forced to go live with my parents in Connecticut, I would finally get to meet them but at what price, I hated myself, I wished I hadn't listened to Billy, it was probably my fault granny was dead. When I was told I would be leaving Granny's house, I was really unhappy, At that time I had insisted that I be allowed to stay at her old house but my parents vehemently refused.

The shocker was that it was the first time I had seen my birth parents since I was born, I was a distraction to their high-profile career, I was born when my mom was in her final year in high school. It was either an adoption or an abortion for her but then grandma insisted that she had me and gave me to her, she would raise me as hers and my birth mother need not bother about anything, apparently, it worked well except for my granny's death which was a hitch in the original plan.

My birth mother could not have any more children and she couldn't come back for me either because of the contract she had with grandma, which was actually her idea because she wanted nothing to do with me and was actually quite keen on an abortion and that she made grandma sign never to disturb her about me.

The truth is that when she finally built her career and finally married my father. They couldn't have children hence their coming back for me, it was more of a convenience to them than any other thing and grandma's death probably saved them from a legal battle they would probably have lost.