chapters; 16👣

My friends were scared of my recent behavior so contrary to what my parents said they were always sneaking in to see me bringing chocolates, clothes anything and everything they could think of to cheer me up but to know avail.

The would always pick me off the floor that seemed to be my new favourite position ,they would mutter words of consolation while i
Cried,I would cry all night long not allowing them to get any sleep but they let me.

One day Nancy just snapped,"look Leila am sorry about your baby i know you feel bad but the fact still remains you made a choice and life must go on you were naive and innocent everyone would understand that you are no murderer,you had no choice. The doctors who performed the surgery is no murder either his there to help people like you so there was no murder committed ".

That didn't comfort me it only made me cry harder and Nancy was at the end of her tethers, usually when she got to that point i obeyed and did whatever she wanted but this time around i couldn't."Leila look you aren't the first woman out there that has had an abortion so forget it and move on".

When I didn't respond positively she dragged me to the bathtub filled it up with water and buried my head in it,at first I was compliant ,I didn't struggle I was too stunned worrying what she was playing at until I ran out of air,I struggled against her vice like grip on my head but it was no use when i thought i would black out she lifted my head out of the water while i choked and sputtered for breath.

Nancy what the fuck is wrong with you are you trying to kill me or something?."yes I am, do you want to to go back in because am ready to help you die,this is what death feels like there is no painless way of dying, it is scary and your always alone,I have seen ghosts drifting and regretting suicide trust me you don't want to do it".

"if you don't want to die, then stop being selfish and torturing the people around you everything that happened is the based on the decision you made so you have to move on.If you choose death i swear it i would hold you under until you die and nobody would ever know i killed you".

"Now dry up that silly tears Diana's heart has been breaking to pieces because of you ,even your nanny is getting suspicious and your grade is slipping we have tried so hard to cover everything for you ,with both our money and making fake identities and i am not doing it again".

"Today your going to paste a big smile and go downstairs for dinner and when you get out there you would smile at Diana and tell her you are sorry for being so nasty,it doesn't have to be a real smile its called play acting just make your audience believe it, isn't that what life is all all about anyway.And if you still want Max you will get him eventually after all nobody knows you ever had a child or an abortion unless you tell them,even if you do tell them there is no record of that fact its been wiped".

I saw her point, i had a knack of messing things up but again Nancy came to the rescue,I took a shower while Nancy went out to get me a new dress sunflower yellow.Then I used the hair dryer to dry my hair,the person that went into that shower wasn't the same person that came out,the person that came out was a fake, a person who had learnt to pretend, a person who was ready to have fun and dangerous fun at that,live life on edge and to the fullest that was who I had become,a girl who is willingly ready to kill than give up on what she wants.

My love had become dangerous and obsessive, my tongue sharper than a razors edge my movement more deceptive than that of a snake the change was imminent and my heart had frozen over it might as well be glacier's. I would have Max not because I loved him but because I wanted to possess him,never again would I love or trust.

When I came in,Diana was surprised at the complete change in me,I flashed her a dazzling smile,I had learnt to play the part and we all went to have dinner much to Maya's amazement and I smiled that dazzling smile at her telling her the sob story that was concocted by Nancy and I adding a bit of sauce to spice up the lie .

While Maya lapped it up,at the end of the tale,she finally accepting my friends she had seen them a while ago as the embodiment of everything evil but now they were accepted and seen as angel of light.

As per Nancy's suggestion we contributed money and went on a shopping spree. We drank and became high, then we went clubbing. We danced and partied and for an instance, I forgot everything that happened. Salsa music began blaring on the stereo and I was twirled into the arms of a dashing young man,i jumped from arm to arm not caring who I danced with, it was all pretense after all to tell the world I was still Leila and nothing was wrong with me.

I popped more pills than ever,ecstasy to brighten the day it made me see things in color's, everything appeared more beautiful and I focused on dancing, I danced until it physically hurt to move a muscle but I still danced,enjoying the pain,allowing the pain to coerce through me craving it,the heels would leave blisters and I wanted it too.

That was an excuse to hurt myself without hurting those who loved me, i could hear Nancy and Diana gasping and whispering how lucky I was,I turned only to come face with an angel,with a shock of blond hair and eyes an unusual shade of blue it was almost violet considering the angle of the light,his chest was muscular and he was mouth watering handsome.

A blinding headache hit me with such intensity I stumbled and the incredible cliché line that spilled from my lips was have we met before?and the sadistic part of me laughed and told me what an utter idiot I was if he said yes.

Then what exactly are you going to tell him did you attend a party and purposely force me to get drunk before having your wicked way with me?well I was with child, your child and I aborted it,I shook my head before I did anything stupid, am sorry I need some air and I wrenched my hand from his and broke into a run and didn't stop until I was outside only then did I lean on a car and took deep breathes to feed my lungs before it bursted from the lack of oxygen.

Thanks for reading, please do vote and comment thank you.