chapter: 18👣

The final exams were already at hand and we have already handed down the cheer leading team to a new crop of students,the partying was kept at a minimum we still partied occasionally but most times we casually threw questions at one another.

All too soon it was time for my final examination,i should have been glad but i was nervous if i couldn't convince my parents about college that is a goodbye to my friends and my whole life,After the exams considering the intense stress i had been going through recently,i was surprised to see that I did really well,Nancy and Diana also did well in there exams considering our life styles.

My dad kept his promise, I was taken far away to to an Australia Christian university,that was completely outlandish and unheard of,worse still it was an only girls college, we were forbidden to eat meat and fish, Only vegetables were allowed we were also prohibited from going outside the school and I also lost contact with Nancy and Diana because apparently no phone was authorized, It seemed almost like a correctional institute of some sort.

How a parent can sit and dream up ways to torture his child was beyond me,what hurt me the most was the loss of my friends and social life.while I was with them I didn't know the benefits until they were gone,our friendship had continued to unravel and finally it slipped from my grasp,I had wanted to lose contact with them then but now I missed them a lot so much that my heart aches and sometimes I mistaken other girls for them pathetic I know but grief can do that to you.

All attempts to reach or even trace them proved abortive,it was as if they had vanished off the surface of the earth,eventually i gave up anyway ,hopefully they were finding it easier than i was, i needed to concentrate and get the hell out of here because it was a different set of hell on its own moreover ,they must have moved on without me I had always needed them more than they needed me and Nancy and Diana where closer to each other than I ever was to any of them I was always more like a third wheel but it was better that nothing trust me.

At school we always had to go to the chapel and pray for our sins and that of our parents. often times i wondered  about the ridiculousness of it all,I mean was this was really college or my dad set the whole thing up to torture me unfortunately it was what he said it was college just a really remote one.I focused on my studies and I really read hard because I never gave up on having Max or meeting him.

Until that day, when fortune smiled on me, I was in my final year of college when I was invited by one of my course mate to this really exclusive party.At first, I wanted to turn down the invite until she cooed that Max will be attending ,somehow they all got to find out I was in obsession with Max again why wouldn't they his pictures was like on literally everything I own,I followed through every stage of his life.

When I came in here newly I didn't want to associate or have anything to do with anyone until that faithful day when I caught my roommate who also happened to be my course mate snooping through my things,thankfully she hadn't found the scan I snatched the bundle of Max pictures from her.

The fact that she would have found out my biggest secret was making me dizzy what on earth's name do you think your doing Amanda? I told you not to go through my things I want to be left alone, what right do you have to go through my things don't ever do that again.

I realized then and there that keeping the scan was a big risk to myself but I couldn't destroy it,I know its ridiculous but it it was all I have left of my baby.

Fortunately or maybe unfortunately depending on your point of view, I would just say that event changed my name from cold,weird, ghost to witch and my crush on Max was placarded everywhere luckily he was the most eligible bachelor,handsome,rich every girls dream man so it didn't really matter.

Moreover this was college nobody gave a damn about another persons business,whatever was said to me or about me didn't really matter compared to what I have seen and done, they were just kids a bunch of pesky flies that just annoyed you so like always i ignored.

Somehow no matter how hard I tried to push them away, the wanted to lean into me,they wanted to draw from my experience but the fact still remained I was not ready to share, I needed this space to think and make something of my life.

Although the fact still remains the girls could be such snoops,but that new information caused me to immediately change my mind and i decided there and then to slip out from school to attend the party.

Usually I saw them as kids and never attend their parties because compared to what I have seen and done it was all child's play but the kids that attended my college were really children of the rich especially those I moved with ,when i came here,I did so to escape my other life,it was such an irony because i was already starting to get really famous for being notorious here,so much for turning over a new leaf.

This party had been exclusive I would never have been able to get one but somehow Amanda got an invite from her boyfriend and she knew I was the only one in school daring enough to sneak out to attend a party
The risk were high we could be caught and locked in the school dungeon literally.

The fact that Max was going to be on their In the  invite list was enough reason to get me to sneak out of school where Amanda's boyfriend was parked and waiting and soon we were far away from the school and just like Nancy did for me I couldn't help passing a pill to a nervous Amanda who reminded me of a younger me.

She took the pill without asking question and smiled gratefully at me and it was at that moment I realized how stupid and gullible I once was never asking questions and doing exactly as told. Finally we got there and Max was really there life, grabbing Amanda in a brief hug, I hurried into the venue after telling her not to wait for me and leave when she was ready.

The man I had always admired from afar was right here in my grasp and I was going to hold tight,I would never let go of him he would be mine,He was worth everything I went through to make him mine.

Dearest readers, thank you so much for reading, your comments and votes are really important to me.