chapter:29

Here's the edited version of the chapter:

******

❄ANNA❄

Max told me, or rather commanded me, to go shower so that we could head to Leila's.

"Max, I know I have been mean to you, for that, I am sorry. Thank you for saving my life and for not ratting me out when I stole the invite. But you were also partly the reason I fell down. And as such, you don't have any frigging right to order me around."

I have my life; this is your and Leila's mess. You clear it up," and she turned and walked back to the room she was coming from.

"Wow," Max sighed, "she is such a spitfire." He went online and ordered her a fancy blue dress, nice diamond jewelry, a nice pair of heels, and some makeup.

Meanwhile, Anna went in search of her clothes. She found them in the washer, washed and dried, but they were wrinkled, and all the sparkles in the clothes were almost gone.

She nearly went blind in rage. "Does he know how much these clothes cost?" she thought. She had to save for months, and now they were ruined. Didn't he know they were hand wash only?

She silently moaned. Anyway, she had no choice. She scooped the clothes from the dryer and went to her room to take a shower.

She was about to get changed when Max came in. She screamed at him, "Seriously, can't you knock?"

He stared at her before replying, "Can't you lock the door? Anyways, I bought you something you can change into."

"No thanks," she replied in an icy tone. "I would rather wear my own clothes."

"Suit yourself," he said through gritted teeth. He dumped the clothes on the bed and walked out, closing the door behind him, barely restraining himself from banging the door.

Max was mad at Anna. Did she really have to do the opposite of everything he said? He fumed. After he left, Anna thought to herself, "To be honest, he was really sweet and thoughtful."

She stood, eyeing the clothes Max bought for her. Frankly speaking, they were tempting. Her own clothes now looked like rags compared to the ones on the bed. "Well, pride be damned," she thought. "There are reporters outside, and moreover, they were going to see Leila. I couldn't go there looking like what a cat dragged in. That would certainly create a wrong impression."

To be honest, she really loved the clothes, and she didn't know why she was being mean to Max. "Do I have feelings for him?" she pondered. "No," she concluded hastily. "That is not possible. It's just nerves. My nerves have gone into overdrive. I'll apologize later." So she quickly slipped into the blue dress; it fit like a second skin. Then she put on the heels, but she refused to wear the diamonds. She opted for her own jewelry.

Max wondered what was keeping Anna up there, but he kept his cool. He decided to turn up the television set to keep his mind from flashing back to almost seeing Anna naked.

There were scenes of the ruckus they had created at the engagement party. He didn't want to hear any more, so he switched over to another station. The newscaster was talking about the weather, that there would be a severe blizzard, and everyone was advised to stay in their houses.