chapter; 24

I hadn't wanted to come to the blasted party but Emma insisted that my life as a nun should absolutely come to an end,against my will and better judgement I was dragged to the party.After suffering the miserable fate of being the third wheel all I achieved was a broken heart and almost becoming a murderess overnight.

I worked extra hard the next day totally ignoring Emma and her rant about how I abandoned her at the party,I was silently fuming and also worried which left me scattered and absent minded add that to the fact that Emma wouldn't stop  bugging me about leaving early that equals a day of total frustration,could this day get any worse?.

Finally it was lunch time, kicking off my red pumps i winced, i can never get used to this things rubbing my legs to relieve the ache sometimes I wondered why I even bothered but the fact was I owned a boutique, it would be madness to buy dress from someone with zero fashion sense so here we are,everyone knows that looking good is good business so it gives us an edge to our let me put it mildly overly dramatic customers.

Finally a bit relaxed apart from my erratic heart beat and utterly disorganization if not everything was perfect, it was at the tip of my tongue to ask if someone died at the party so I could scram before I became a murderess and went to jail but I bit my tongue till I tasted blood, no matter what no man would ever make me go through that again there was no way I was giving myself away or serving jail term for a sick jerk even if I have to drain all the blood I have left I will.

Although i knew for a fact that i wouldn't be suspected, i was pretty in that girlish way with milky white skin and blue eyes. I appeared too weak and too innocent to be able to pull off such a feat but the fact still remains that i was stronger than I look. Its really flattering when I go to the bar to order a drink and they ask for my I.d but at times it was dead irritating. I was getting irritated at Emma's incessant chatting the girl just didn't know when to keep quiet.

"Anna! Anna "down to earth she called snapping her fingers in front of my face which automatically jolted me from my thoughts. "get your lazy ass up so we can go for lunch".

Keep the screaming to a minimum Emma am not deaf and am not hungry feel free to go on without me,am so tired and my feet hurts.

"Great miss Anna Robert your practically all skin and bone,there is no way in hell am letting you get out of this".

pretty please i coaxed be a sweetheart please let me rest. "Fine I will order a take out and we would sit here and talk about that night and what's been bugging you since yesterday is that cool.

Sighing i accepted you see once Emma wanted something she would disturb you until you gave in to her every whim,it was one of the things that endeared her to me but right now it was downright annoying okay am cool with it.

Emma picked up her cell phone and ordered two chocolate latte and a pepperoni pizza,in my head i winced too much carbs it would take forever to work that out, okay Emma has a sweet tooth but she is still painfully thin but i would have to exercise loads to get rid of all that junk but what can I say.

"Now spill Emma nearly screeched in excitement bouncing on the sit,sometimes I wondered of Emma was really twelve not her twenty five years of age, why are you hiding things or did you guys get down and dirty she asked smirking and wiggling her brow,I nearly slapped the smirk off her face".

God no i said turning a bright shade of red at her suggestion, that was the most horrible moment of my life I just wanted to forget it all but you just had to remind me ad I proceeded to tell her all about Leila and everything that happened excluding the near rape escapade.

"Gosh she was such  a bitch in fact that jerk and the bitch deserve each other.Anna no sweat you can always meet new guys".

Nope I really have to pay back "Look Anna he might not even remember you his an obvious flirt".

I don't care eventually I forgot everything about Max and the whole incident until  one faithful day, business was as good as ever we worked till the wee hours of the night and I always went home tired sweaty and in pains thanks to my heels.

Emma who was busy browsing through her phone suddenly screeched automatically capturing my attention, I swerved to face her not ready to put my feet on the floor it hurt terribly I had just kicked it off for lunch break and there was no way I was giving up that privilege for a call that wasn't news worthy. "Anna this unbelievable! you need to see this immediately she said those words she regretted it but she couldn't take it back.

I jumped what! what is it?

"Its nothing".but she had my full attention, I could also be pig headed when needed. " show me this instance ,I demanded snatching the phone from her, sure enough, it was him my handsome nightmare, Max.

The headline was that he was getting engaged to an artist, Leila, there would be an unveiling of Leila's art work too.I rubbed her hands together now it begins, I just have to get an invitation card to that party.

"How do we do that"?Emma asked.

There is always a way Emma, I promised to make them pay and I will,don't I always keep my promised?. Anna started making phone calls, she asked for and got the direction to Max office. As soon as she got the address and the direction to his office, she headed out with Emma.

For our escapade, I wore a black trouser and black hoodie. while Emma dressed as a hooker, the idea was to distract the security with her elegant buxom. I heard her laugh throatily and whisper to the security making sure to expose more of her asset,if I didn't know Emma I would have also believed she was really a hooker.

while they were distracted,i walked past.I didn't know how long Emma could keep up the performance before her facade slips , she was soon to be married to her fiancee so this action was detrimental to her relationship but Emma and i were more  than sisters she would do anything for me including jeopardising her relationship and vise versa.

The security guards seemed to be eating up whatever she was sprouting luckily they hadn't started touching her inappropriately, her eyes locked with mine and she gave me a thumbs up discreetly nodding her encouragement.

The doors were not locked so i began searching frantically through all the offices nothing, I muttered a prayer for luck under my breath, the offices were huge and the elevator has been cut off that left the stair's,sweaty and tired,I opened the fifth door panting when i got there,I really needed to start working out again I was getting lazy.

I was exhausted and sore but determination and adrenaline spurred me on.I began searching through the desk and finally when I was about to give up i saw it, lots of invitation cards and i jumped happily and quickly grabbed two. As i turned to leave, i ran smack into the brick wall of a chest and all form of joy and amusement vanished,This was Emma's job, to keep the guards distracted, how was she careless enough to get me caught? I began shivering I had committed an offense breaking and entering how would I explain this away,who would believe i came to multi_cooperation to steal an invite card to a party ,the enormity of my offence began sinking in and I instantly began regretting the whole thing,this venture was absolutely crazy. slowly my eyes trailed up to meet my assailant,whatever incoherent explanation I had dried on my lips.

What is the first thing that comes to you after reading this chapter? Vote and comment.
💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟