chapter:7✔

LEILA

DIARY ENTRY
October 29, 2012

DEAR DIARY,

Everyone knew the rules in high school:

Go to classes

Avoid scandals

Avoid getting noticed on the teachers

come to class semi early

Don't fall in love above your social level

all classes must be attended

Leave the school at the sound of the closing bell.

Only spoke when spoken to

keep your head down

And above all never fall in love with the popular guy, he is always ever taken.

Avoid the high school sweetheart she is only a sweetheart when you aren't close to her.

Always check out your school's website, you never know what you may find about yourself.

Get a good backpack, you wouldn't want to mistakenly have an accident or make a mess.

Be on time in class to avoid the whole awkwardness, you wouldn't want to attract a teacher that's an oppsie and an indirect way of saying hi there I want to be picked on.

Unless you have a very good sense of humor or are really sarcastic, do listen and pay attention in class you won't want to appear a total dummy, unless you are popular or beautiful enough for it not to count.

Use a planner, it saves lives. I mean those tiny ones that come with your android. They can almost do no wrong.

Use your locker to your advantage, it is your safe space, make it glittery, make it fun and make it your mini home, it is an escape from the dreary,repetitive boredom of school.

When the stress is really high and your so frustrated you can literally cry, find yourself some really good music, play it to the loudest and allow yourself to slowly dissociate,it helps you ignore the gossip and mean words.

Stay organized ,avoid being messy not only is it very unattractive, its like wearing a neon sign saying am a loser pick on me.

School is Important if you want a good life and nice job, I mean you can't be dependent on your family forever eventually they would get embarrassed of your sorry ass and you would find yourself, broke alone and possibly on the streets cold.

It's all about balance, learn to juggle your school work, social life and mental health, each and  everyone of them is equally as important and structure your life and  career.

Get involved, don't just float through life, you might just look back and regret it never living your life, or living another person's dreams for you. Mistakes are a part of growing up,perfection does not exist,unless of course you want to end up a psychopath.

Start your college search early, you wouldn't want to be left behind it can be pretty humiliating, watching your peers leave school one after the other and making something of themselves.

Your GPA is critical, it is needed for college and absolutely necessary no matter what you're being told. It's a huge bragging right

Be friendly to everyone, don't compare yourself with other people or look down on others its pathetic and shows shallow mindedness

Be health, be original, have lots of fun, hang with friends, make your weekend exclusively yours. Dress to impress.

Don't skip class or bust your budget, find a study buddy, don't let a relationship consume your life, take things slow.

Alas, this was my ridiculous high school list that crumbled and was totally and utterly doomed to fail, I mean only me literally and single-handedly broke all the rules.

It was different this time though, I had friends who were too cool to play by the rules. Who were ready to turn this school upside down and displace everyone for my sake. This school, the people in it meant nothing to them.

On the upside today was the best day of my entire life, I got to live a little the girls were over at my place. A senior waved at me, he actually thought I was cute, I was absolutely giddy with excitement as my girlfriends squealed almost totally deafening me. It meant everything we were doing was working, I had a shot at getting Max. I was so lucky to have had the sweetest and best girlfriends ever.

Tomorrow would obviously be a bad day with me dragging my innocent friends down my very own personal hell with me, I could quite easily unfriend them, but I needed them way too much now, they were the only people that made me genuinely happy and showed even the minimum amount of sympathy to my plight, the people who I trusted with my soul and secret, and they trusted me with theirs too.

I would apologize for stepping on Pamela's toe by propositioning her boyfriend. I didn't know they were together then, their relationship wasn't open and max was more like a fuck boy than anything else, I knew it was a ridiculous lie but hopefully Max would keep the whole event of me embarrassing myself to himself. I was overthinking things again,tonight was all about me having fun and enjoying myself.

The buzz from the last drink must be wearing out tiptoeing downstairs so as not to wake the others, I grabbed a bottle of whiskey I was about to take a swig when I noticed Nancy sitting on a chair muttering to herself. I walked over to her can't sleep? She quickly put back a bracelet into her purse, I hadn't seen it on her before, she was obviously trying hard to hide it from me, so I pretended not to notice and handed her the whiskey to take a swig. By the fourth mouthful we began playing a silly games and laughing like idiot's.

When we were utterly exhausted, we drunkenly began the Herculean task of climbing up the stairs with the hiccups and giggling it was nearly an impossible task several times my limbs were twisted in weird angles, but I was too drunk to care. The whole hallway area was tipping, getting on hands and knees I began determinedly crawling up the stairs while Nancy laughed her ass off eventually I gave up halfway to my room and threw up rather violently, then I proceeded to fall face down on the doorway dead to the world but at least at peace about what Pamela would do about me trying to steal her boyfriend. Tomorrow would obviously sort itself out.

Please, please vote, your vote keeps this writer going.