Chapter: 11✅

🎆Leila🎆

I woke up to the persistent ringing of my phone, My friends have long since went home because the hadn't brought spare clothes, plus the awkwardness with my nanny. Jesus Christ couldn't people think, I wasn't responding because I didn't want to pick up, fuming and walking to my dresser where I had thrown the phone the night before,I silently willed the caller to drop and stop calling,finally, the seemed to b getting the message, that I didn't want to pick up their call.

You see my ringing tone was unbelievable,you won't believe it but it's the ringing of a high pitched bell so not only was the sound pure torture normally ,but with my delicate sleep deprived state, it was grating on the nerves it took all my will power not the smash it,I snatched the phone up and answered drowsily, hello?

"Hello, Leila, what the heck have you been up to"?. My heart gave a lurch,the sound of his voice jolted me completely out of my drunken stupor.it might sound impossible but i sobered up immediately, even my tone  changed in decibels, going from groggy and disoriented to becoming sickly sweet and light not at all the drunken voice i used to say hello earlier,luckily he didn't pick up on it. Nothing much Dad, I made this really cool new set of friends...

"Really? is that why you talk back to your nanny now he asked his voice dripping with venom and sarcasm"

Honestly I was completely furious, because  Maya and I had a tiny quarrel, she had to get my father involved knowing how much I feared the man, the beginning of hate and irritation began to spring in my heart l, as that rebellious streak took root note firmly, okay Dad, this is annoying, you just called me after all this week , to start shouting at me about  an issue Maya reported without hearing my side of the story. I didn't do anything wrong you asked me to stop being a recluse and I did it I finally made some new friends you should be happy for me not attempt to ruin it.

"What? Delilah how did I train you ,is that what your friends are teaching you"?  Oh uh,now his mad he never calls me my full name Delilah unless his mad at me,soft peddling my attack on my dad in an attempt to lighten his mood proved abortive, my dad was literally fuming. Honestly parents are hypocrites, eespecially my parents, why was he suddenly pretending to care about me, it must be about their perfect reputation again, so I didn't ruin it in anyway eye roll.

No Dad,that's not what the taught me, it's just that, you and mom hardly spend time with me and I miss you guys, so it seems to be getting on my nerves and with you snapping at me and friends who hang around me all the time, it was a bit too much to take all at once, Maya kept yelling all night, I literally ha to go to bed without food, the sleepover I had planned with my friends was ruined and I had to tiptoe around my own house, Am sorry dad forgive me if you think am being rude, but am just not very happy.

"He exhaled sharply as if the entire conversation already irked him, look Delilah we don't spend time with you?,we are here working our butts off to give you a good education and make sure you turn out to be a responsible young woman and this is how you reward us whining,Even your spending has increased and we have to fund all that and all you can do is follow bad friends, party and get drunk, your teacher called , your grades are slipping, we trained you better than that.

I muttered to myself 'if you were ever there to train me'. "What! Dad exclaimed what did you just say"? Nothing Dad i lied ,but i knew he had already heard me and the shit was just about to hit the ceiling why in Gods name am i such an idiot, what was giving  me my bravery ?.

okay dad, I have listened and understood your point and your concerns, I accept all corrections made,i am so sorry for my recent behaviors, I promise to Change.I crossed my hand behind my back at the obvious lie,who was I kidding am so not giving up this life for anything thing in this world,for the  first time in my life am living a little, I wake up from bed excited, I was popular, beautiful thugs were going amazing for me, I hang out with the coolest people and party with the best, I couldn't go back to my old life, in fact I would rather slit my wrist first and bleed out than do that, bit like my father earlier pointed out, him and my mom funded my life style and if they did get furious enough to cut my funding my life was literally over, I wouldn't be able to fit in anymore,so I had to be smart and do whatever it took to appease him and Maya of course  so that we would put in a hold word for me, how did she even know I wasn't in bed? I reply should start locking my door and cutting off the apron string.

"Well it doesn't matter you don't have to do a thing anymore,your Nanny said it's those girl corrupting you,as this is your last year of high school,after your graduation,you will attend a good Christian university let them shape you up, just make sure you graduate with a good result is all am asking, I would take care of the rest".

What daddy, this is unfair, I screeched, I haven't even decided if I to go to college or not,no I won't go you would have to drag me screaming and kicking.

"Well, I have decided that for you and your going even if I have to drag you kicking and screaming,your my daughter and your right, I haven't been putting an eye on you henceforth I will ".

Daddy I said am sorry,this decision your taking will ruin my life, I mean all this is just a way of punishing me but you mustn't make me commit social suicide as well.

"well it doesn't matter,i don't care about your opinion ,I thought you had a good head on your shoulder but I have long since determined I was fooling myself, so I would train you like the spoilt brat you are, You will do as I say, or I will throw you out of my house and collect your credit card understood?".

"Delilah take care of yourself I would start processing your application form for college next year like I said you don't have to do a thing just make sure you graduate high school ". And the line went dead just like my life.