Chapter; 25

Max must have woken up to the noise of someone rummaging through his drawers and he was curious as to what they were stealing and how they had got past the security guard".

"He armed himself with an iron bar intent on knocking out the assailant, when the scent of rosewater assailed his senses". Do men wear ladies perfume when they are out stealing these days?.

He has not yet completed the thought when a soft bundle bump into him,the assailant barely for to his shoulder,he may not have recognized her from the party but his body sure as hell did.

His response stunned him,his weapon falling away without any of them being aware, He was still trying to gather his wits, he clapped twice and all the lights came on. He stood gawking in shock as a lovely woman came into view,it was not merely a street urchin but a classy woman with large blue eyes that looked frightened to have been caught.

Breaking and entry? by a woman? He yanked at her hoodie and thick blonde hair came tumbling down in waves,she looked really familiar but he couldn't place her,even with her black trouser and black hoodie she was damn intoxicating.

He must have stood there for what seemed like an hour although it was mere seconds.she had given up the unequal struggle to yank her hand away from him.

Now she stared at him like a deer caught in the headlight anticipating his next move,he could have called the security or the police but somehow he couldn't.

He briefly wondered if she was sent by a rival company to steal the new technology he was developing that could be it.His grip on her hand tightened again and then she really began to thrash around making it impossible to hold her still,she had an amazing amount of boundless energy.

Anna was pinned to the wall but she wasn't given up easily, this man came into her life her sweet protective bubble and just singlehandedly popped it without even trying something she had fought hard to build for seventeen years.

Max was weird,why wasnt he saying anything?well she had to get out of here unscathed and with my name intact suddenly she began regreting everything,she had a business to run that would probably nosedive if the owner was caught up in a scandal and for stealing at that.

Anna didn't know what to do, she had been caught,she didn't anticipate that the playboy would be a hard worker or the fact that she would be caught by the very person she had so desperately wanted to punish.

Finally heaving and out of breath from attempting to extricate herself from his iron grip she decided to play coy.She knew her blue eyes was the most pretty thing about her,so widening it she forced out some tears and looked up into almost similar blue eyes staring at her so intently with such a huge frown that it was intimidating.

Let's just say that didn't work well it only succeeded in making the frown grew bigger fine whatever she didn't want to have to do it but it was time for plan B. Max opened his mouth to say something and she was afraid he wanted to report her so he slammed my lips into him putting my whole being into it my career depended on it.

While he was still in shock,Anna raised my knee and hit him as hard as she could in between his thighs, Max let go, gave a sharp yelp and fell on a heap beside her. Then she turned and ran stopping to grab two invitations before his very eyes,if Max wasn't in such pains,he would have laughed that she came all the way for an invitation.

She was long gone before he could go after her she didn't look like one of his conquests though,he would have remembered her,she had an unforgettable face so why exactly would risk so much for just an invitation. Anna ran grabbing Emma's hands before she exposed herself any further and together the ran out the gate and out of Max's reach.

Only when they were inside the taxi still panting did Anna finally speak,panting and taking deep breathes in between. We did it! lets go before Max reports to security you would never believe what happened and she proceeded to relate it to him in a few word.
"Max you met him?"Emma queried.

Shhhh Anna replied discreetly pointing at the driver who was already giving them funny look.When they finally got home,They both collapsed on the bed laughing hysterically at their almost fatal escapades.

Then Anna proceeded to narrate the rest of the story, every juicy bit of it to Emma."you what!"Emma screeched?" Well, he would have attacked and its a small price to pay for hurting me in the past. And let me tell you, that's only the beginning.

"Well we have to dye your hair and put on lots of makeup or Max will recognize you at the party". You know what today was the best day ever,I didn't know revenge could be this uplifting. My next hit list suggests thay Leila is the next one to feel my fury, I will punish her next.Anna stated as she smiled mischievously, popping a bottle of red wine and pouring herself and Emma a glass cheers to dining with enemy, "cheers" Emma replied eager to kick some ass.

What is the first thing that comes to you after reading this chapter? Vote and comment.
💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟