chapter:26edit

💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞
Anna's POV

Anna and Emma spent hours putting together what to wear. She needed something to attract Max attention, white or red? She ask turning to ask Emma her best friend and roommate, she had known this girl for like ever?

"Put on the white Anna it would go with your skin",
Are you sure? "yes", Emma answered.
You know white literally means an angel and red literally screams seductress."You and I know you are no angel, though, Emma added" and the both giggled.

We kept joking around and giggling like kids as we dressed up. Anna went for the angel look. light makeup hair twisted to the side and held with a clip and of course she was now going as a red hair.

Emma let her straw berry blond hair flow to her shoulders,with her champagne coloured eyes and body fitting dinner gown, we both looked glorious. We put on perfumes. Anna always goes for rose water perfume and scented bathes and Emma uses vanilla essence.

We stood before the mirror admiring each other's clothing, putting on finishing touches to our attire . Then we finally left for the party. One of the rules of the invite was that you must come with your date, since Anna had no date, Emma told her boyfriend Henry to come with one of his friends who would stand as my date.

The girls intimated Henry that, they we had something planned for Max. Henry shuddered he didn't want to be in Max shoes,Emma smiled at that he tried talking me out of it,but eventually gave up when he discovered it was no use.Although he loved Emma a lot and also me considering we were as close as sister but there was the fact that she was also Emma's best friend,but he had long ago ascertained that both girls can be really scary when they wanted to be,he was talking from experience he had felt their wrath.

Anna's remembered when he kissed someone else at a party, while drunk, and she caught him,we made sure he went through hell literally.We teamed up against him and cut him off. Blocked him, He begged and begged before he was accepted back into the fold.

His friend Ethan was around, incidentally he loved parties, he was more than happy to go with us. Ethan drove them to the venue in his Limousine. He met Anna and greeted her politely. Henry picked Emma up and whirled her around, then they kissed. Anna and Ethan exchanged glances.

"Hello love birds Ethan cooed I hate to interrupt but we have to go".

Emma looked flushed and breathless. Anna felt a pang of jealousy but i shook it off. gosh!, we are friends for crying out loud, whats happening to me? She thought.

Everything had to go smoothly, i thought frantically i hated failure and embarrassment, this was the most outrageous  I have been in my awfully boring life i thought trying to quieten the thumping of my heart i didn't know if it was from fear or the excitement of seeing him again ,i turned and gave Ethan a wan smile thanks for accepting to accompany me to the party.

He smiled his charming smile that could make any girl go weak on her knees "you look really pretty Anne and its my pleasure" i started comparing him with Max in my mind.

He was handsome with blond hair that he wears parted at the side. Green eyes that twinkles whenever he smiles, which he does often. The body of a model, lean and muscular . He was also ever so polite and nice.

Then i thought of Max, with his thick dark hair and lashes, piercing dark blue eyes that seem to see into your very soul. Intimidating height and raw power that seemed to be on leash. His economy of movement, and his full sensual lips and above all his rude manner.

God! what am I thinking about just now? this certainly will not do, i thought as i tried hard to focus my thought on my revenge. Max can be really annoying, her trend of thought continued effortlessly, she still felt irresistible drawn to him, Anna moaned silently. Mercifully, Ethan barged into her thoughts.

" you would stare a hole through the windscreen" Anna' he teased and Anna smiled sheepishly, then they bursted out laughing.

" What happened?" Emma always curious asked from the back seat? Anna what happened"? she persisted when nobody answered?

" Emma, Ethan teased, you know what? What she Emma cried in excitement, curiosity kills the cat Ethan answered her, while maintaining an innocent face".

Anna nearly fell of her chair laughing at the look on Emma's face, a pity eyes can't kill or Ethan would have died from the glare. Then there was silence until the got to the party there were cars lots of expensive cars and Anna got a bit nervous but vengeance strengthened her.

Emma just clung to Henry's arm and Ethan saw color drain and come back to Anna's face he could tell that this was not really her scene and he wondered what she would be doing here then well maybe a friend invited her. He took her pale white hands in his she smiled at him with gratitude okay ,Anna looked pretty in that really fragile way and blue eyes and her blond hair she was soft spoken and seemed pretty innocence but since he got his heart broken recently he never really thought about women, he threw himself in his work and moreover her face always haunted him her brown almost black hair and her uncertainty was what drew her to him.

He never got to catch her name that night from her friends Nancy and Diana,because they were too busy flirting with him he got irritated and left.When he ran into them again by chance, none of them had seen her in a really long time and then he lost contact with them. occasionally when he wanted he flirted and had sex but he couldn't get her out of his mind. And he really wanted to find her and protect her.

When he looked back to this party,he realised it seemed to have a lot of surprises in stock for ever single one of the attendants. The music and dancinf began and of course Henry danced with Emma and he asked Anna. Anna was not really good at ball room dance but he covered for her he twirled her around and the separated and came back together.

"Wow Ethan your such a great dancer". Thank you and your not bad yourself Anna giggled your kidding I have stepped on your foot like a Zillion times" .

Ethan thought she was so sweet and honest too. Then the couples came out Max and Ethan felt time freeze as the both men stared at the girls whom they couldn't forget and who had hurt them one literally and the other figuratively , he didn't hear the toast or any other thing and suddenly Leila followed Max's eyes to the crowd then she shifted her gaze and her eyes fell on Ethan .

she gasped and nearly fell over if not for max stabilizing arm she would  have fallen . oh my God she thought why did he have to show up here, what do I do supposing he says something anyway i have nothing to fear we only met once and nothing happened he knows nothing about me .

she breathed moreover it doesn't matter, no matter what Max would understand she had a life before him. And then Leila's painting was unveiled and sold to the highest bidder. And then the couples were then forced to kiss because of all the chants of kiss her. And then they took the floor and soon other couples joined them Leila felt like she was dreaming after so long she had everything she ever wanted in her arms.