Chapter: 21

NOW WHO HAS MISSED THE POWER COUPLE MAX AND LEILA BECAUSE I SURE DID. SHOW SOME LOVE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT.

Max woke up with a pounding headache,the headache was so intense he felt his head would split into two,grunting he tried massaging the ache which was no use. behind him lay a woman but it meant nothing she was not the first woman in his life neither would she be the last.

He had lived on this planet earth for twenty_seven years and he was yet to meet a woman of substance,a woman who would arouse that primitive male in him ,a woman who he could take care of. He shut his eyes control the ache in his head but it was no use he felt like he had been battered but he was fine.

To him all women were the same greedy,shallow and incompetent, the threw themselves at him all the time either for his money or fame and he in turn keeps them happy to avoid scandal.

He was never seen with a girl more than once no matter how coy,pretty or seductive they were, they were all desperate whores in the end. He stretched his tall muscular frame and swore softly, dammit, he must have drank too much,ever bone in his body ached from the awkward angle he had slept,he had woken up with his head still on toned laps.

He tried recalling the event of last night but came up blank,no matter how much he tried he couldn't remember the event of last night which was fishy,Max was no ordinary man he was smart,handsome and never forgot an event no matter how drunk he was,that was what made him dangerous.

Meanwhile Leila lay as still as possible on the bed,pretending to be asleep so as not to make things awkward or further
arouse suspicion, she peeked at him from behind her thick full lashes, gosh he was hot he even looked handsome having just got up from bed and all.

He ran his hand through his hair ruffling it the more, a bit startled to find himself on the nude he looked over to his female counterpart to find her in the same condition, the sheets upturned to reveal smooth legs,leaning to look her over he wondered again why he would picked her of all the girls out there she was not exactly what he would go for,when he got to her face he could have sworn he saw her lashes flutter.

He tried to come up with her name but came out blank he couldn't even remember the conversation that led up to this moment,worse still he didn't know if he had slept with her or not,he wasn't even sure she was on a pill,he didn't do messy everything he did was usually neat and precise.

After all he was next in line to inherit a multimillionaire conglomerate company that  dealt with oil imports and export, with other smaller subsidiaries that dealt with other products. soiling his name was not going to give him the carriage nor the position he needed to take care of his company, he could of course still be voted out because of scandal. For Max everything was an act he didn't want to be forced into marriage to whatever heiress his parents would deem appropriate for him as their son,no girl would be crazy enough to marry a blatant man whore and he knew it so he had set the stage.

It was only on rare occasion he slept with any of the women he brought back ,usually once they had finished playing their perspective parts,he would drive them to the hotel room to make it look real,wait an hour or two and hand them a wad of cash banishing them forever from his presence.

From their reaction, he has began to differentiate the type of women there were,the proud once who would either pour him a drink and stalk off slamming the door,the desperate once who would try to seduce him annoying the hell out of him and clearly not understanding the fact that they weren't wanted,the ones who would demand for more money for their silence and leave smiling and also the once who would cry then get mad and throw things.

Usually there tantrum rarely touches him or made him feel bad he was used to it,after almost being set up once. He had never been in this kind of a predicament,usually using the event of last night,he would usually mock or threaten the said woman soliciting the appropriate response he required.

His parents may think the were looking out for him but as cliché as it sounds he would like to marry someone he loved,a woman of his own choosing.A woman who is as innocent as she was pretty, as firm as she was nice,soft spoken a woman who would make him work to earn her love.

And the unfortunate thing was such women didn't move in his circle and wouldn't want him but if or when he finds her he would woo her and do her bidding.

Grabbing a towel, he proceeded to take a shower maybe it would clear his head and help with the memory loss. Max has been Leila's crush since high school but there was always someone else in his life. This was the first time she had had him to herself she lay there trying to decide if she should cut the act and wake up or just pretend to be asleep till he left, but that was not meant to be.

Max tried remembering how he and Leila got to the hotel room but he honestly couldn't remember he looked her over she wasn't exactly his type.He showered quickly and tied a white towel around his waist, his hair was still damp curling slightly. Leila positively drooled clenching her thigh from the sudden need that assailed her.

Max sighed when he came back to meet her exactly as she was,he concluded there and then that either she was pretending or she was dead drunk just like he was. But he needed to talk to her,they had a lot to discuss. Although one thing was certain Max always left his women satisfied and he wanted her to name her price in exchange of never appearing in front of him again but first and foremost, he would get as information from her as possible.

To test his theory he ordered two cups of coffee and cucumber sandwich and her stomach growled loudly she knew she was caught, she slowly opened her eyes locking eyes with eyes as blue as the ocean,she felt like his eyes were pulling her in,she felt her heart skip a beat she never knew she would wake up to max on her bed,it had been her wish since she was a teenager and at age twenty four she had finally achieved it,she smiled sheepishly at him and released a loud yawn.

"wake up sleepy head" he said deciding to play along with her while she stretched and purred like a pussy cat,watching her intently ,he stated nonchalantly" have some breakfast,you must be starving after the rough night you had last night right sweetheart?". she smiled again this time sweetly at him a bit too sweetly but the smile faltered, it wasn't as bright and her cheeks heated up from embarrassment.

Leila deciding to make a hasty escape,she didn't know how much he remembered and didn't want to give out information that may or may not be detrimental to the progress she had made. There and then she used the silliest of lies she had ever had to come up with,I need to take a shower,first turn around so i can undress,turn around? he thought if he had brought her here they would already have had sex unless something went wrong but her request gave him the answer he was looking for,nothing happened between them.

Meanwhile, Max grumbled softly and turned around Leila quickly undressed and raced to shower hoping she didn't fall on her butt in the haste. why won't this stupid headache go away he thought to himself. This is the longest hangover ever and "why was she being so modest?" He chuckled to himself, interesting.

She was like none other he had met she was just in between,in every aspect not really striking a balance,he wanted to keep her for sometime and find our whatever plot twists she had planned out,he had a feeling it would be interesting.