2. Sell Me

Mia.

"And that's her?"

"Positive."

"You think they'll be happy?"

"Of course, they've had their eyes on her for such a long time."

"It was only a matter of time until we could get her."

"How much?"

"Who knows, a girl like her could go for millions."

"You know how much they love their beautiful women."

The voices in the room were flooding my ears. My body was trembling. My eyes were being covered. Where had they taken me.

I mouth was covered, so when I tried to get their attention, it was muffled.

"She's awake."

Soon, the blindfold was removed and a bright light had blinded my eyes.

"Sorry about that sweetie," a woman said who became visible to me once my eyes readjusted.

"W-where am I? W-who are y-you?" I managed out and the woman smiled.

"You'll know in good time sweetheart, but for right now, let's get you dressed."

"Dressed? For what?" I questioned as they pulled me out of my seat.

"In good time," a man said as he dragged me out of the room I was in.

"We must hurry, the auction will start soon."

"Auction?" I mumbled to myself as I was dragged into another room.

"Christian will take care of you," the man said and I just looked at him.

They knew I wanted answers, and I would ask again, but I knew they would say 'in good time.'

"Is this her?" A man said and the man holding my arm nodded.

"This is Mia Grace Clark," the man holding me said, and then let go of me.

"I can speak for myself thank you," I muttered, and another man turned around with a smirk on his face.

"Feisty! Well Mia, relax, I'll take care of you, and answer any questions you have," he said and I nodded.

Finally! A person with answers.

Moments later, the man who took me to this room had left, which only left me with who I assume was Christian.

"Now sweetie, why don't you take a seat on the couch and reintroduce yourself to me?" He said and I did as he said.

"Alright, well my name is Mia. I'm eighteen. I'm a dancer with many scholarships waiting for me, or were I guess I should say," I said and he nodded.

"How long have you been dancing?" He asked and got up to grab some things from a bag.

"Almost fourteen years," I said and he smiled.

"Sounds like you had a big future ahead of you."

"Had is right," I mumbled.

"Honey, I know it hurts now, but in due time you'll get over it. Everyone here does."

"Everyone?"

"Yes. Now, let's get you dressed for the auction."

He then held out his hand for me. I reluctantly took it and got up from the couch.

"About that, what auction is everyone talking about?"

"Well you're being sold of course sweetie."

"Sold?" I asked and he nodded while pulling me onto a chair.

"Yes, to men who want to buy you."

My heart sunk as I heard those words. My mind was coming across many things. I didn't know that what they put in movies was true.

And little did I know I would be one of those girls.

~~~

I stared blankly in the mirror. The person I was looking at wasn't the same girl I once saw. Her smile was fake. Her eyes had gone cold and lifeless.

My long, brown hair had been cut to a medium length. I tried so hard to grow my hair out as long as I could.

Another thought came to mind as I looked at myself. The only place that seemed to have any hair was my face and head. Everything else was stripped from me. Just like I would be once I was sold.

"Mia? They're ready for you," I heard Christian say.

As he got me ready for the auction, we bonded a bit. He told me he pitied me because of where I was. He hated seeing the multiple girls he would have to get dressed beg to be set free.

No one had ever escaped this place, but he told me being sold is better than staying trapped in this place. He said that everyday, when new girls aren't sold, they stay here and get raped by other men.

Although I was dreading this, I didn't want to end up like the ones who are raped. The best option was to try and get sold.

I followed Christian down a narrow hallway where he led me to another room. The walls were coated with a dark velvet paint which reminded me of the sign death.

It reminded me of the sight of blood, and how my very own blood was circling through my nervous veins.

"Mia, hello darling," the woman, who I first came in contact with said.

"Hello," I paused not knowing her name.

"Sadie," she said and held out her hand to me.

I, again, reluctantly took it just like the other ones.

"Are you ready?" She asked and I just stood there.

"Depends on your definition of 'ready,'" I said and she nodded.

"Look, all you have to do is walk through those doors and stand there. You mustn't make any contact with the buyers. You'll wait until you have been sold. No movement or contact whatsoever alright?"

I looked at her again and nodded.

"Alright," I said.

"Well then, I think they're ready, now strip," she said and I looked at her again.

"Just to the undergarments Christian dressed you in."

I nodded without saying a word, and did as she asked. Christian had dressed me in a white laced lingerie set. I was uncomfortable, and cold.

"Alright, you may go in," Sadie told me and I walked through the doors like she told me to.

My heart was beating fast, and my palms were sweating.

"Up next we have Mia Grace Clark."