3. Bad Liar

Mia.

I walked in with my mind blank. I tried to picture myself locked away at my dance studio. My second home. Instead of this place.

"Mia Grace Clark. She's eighteen, loves to dance, has been for almost fourteen years. Many boys want her, but she's too focused on dance, which makes her a virgin."

Immediately, I hear buttons being pushed. My heart skipped and I got dragged back into reality.

"Forty thousand dollars from bidder number two!"

More buttons were being pushed. The sound of clicking was now filling my head.

"Seventy thousand from bidder number five!"

"One hundred thousand from bidder number one!"

All of that just for me?

My mind circled around and my palms were getting sweaty. In nerve racking circumstances, I play wait my fingers. It always helped calm my nerves, so I did it here.

Again, more buttons.

"Four point one hundred thousand from bidder number three!"

"Bidders six and two have dropped."

"Six hundred thousand from bidder one!"

My hands began to shake not knowing how much longer I can stand here for. I ran my fingers through my hair, not knowing what I was doing.

I jumped from hearing the clicking again.

"One point three million from bidder three!"

"Number four and five have now dropped."

"Anymore bids?"

One point three million.

Those words kept running through my head, and I didn't know what to think anymore. My heart skipped and the final button had been pressed.

"Sold to bidder number three!"

Next thing I knew, I was dragged out of the room, but not in a rough way. It was just because I didn't know what to do next.

"Nice job out there Mia, you were probably the highest bid we've ever gotten!" Sadie said as I got back into the room.

"W-why would anyone want m-me for that much?" I choked and she just smiled.

"Because, you have potential darling," she said and my heart sunk.

Last time someone told me I had potential, it was my dance coach. She told me I had a big future ahead of me, but now it looks like that's all gone.

"So who bought me exactly?" I asked and Sadie just looked at me.

"You'll know soon enough. Now come on, we'll take you to your new home," she said and we walked back out of the room.

"New home?" I asked and she nodded.

"Of course, you wouldn't want to spend the rest of your days in this place would you?" She said and I shook my head.