22. Taken

Mia.

It's been two weeks since everything went down.  Since the fight broke out between my parents.  Since we lost the baby.  Since everything spiraled into a pile of chaos.

You would think that Shawn would be at my side during all of this, but he's not. Everyone in the house has brought the police into this situation to find my father.

Although Shawn told me that my father was the one to kill my baby, I don't believe it. I never thought that my dad would be capable of doing something like that.

We've been searching for my father for the past two weeks, and nothing. Not one trace. They found my mother though, and she was brought into questioning.

The fact that my father has been missing makes the police think that he actually did do it. While this whole thing has been going on, I've been locked in my room thinking about everything.

I would love to leave, but Shawn always tells me that it's not the right time. Honestly, I don't know what's wrong with him. He won't come near me. We don't sleep together anymore. I barely even see him.

The only time I do see him is when he tells me to go to sleep. The only people I do see are Lisa and Larry.

Around Lisa I've been getting this weird feeling around her. I know that during this you're going to end up getting a lot of attention, but with her it's different.

It just seems almost too nice, but maybe that's just me.

*knock knock*

My thoughts break, and my attention is set towards my door.

"Come in," I whisper while getting tucked into bed since I knew it would be Shawn.

A few moments later Shawn walks in with a small smile on his face. His hands were hidden in his pockets as he slowly walked over to my bed.

"Hey," he mumbled while taking a seat at the edge of my bed.

"Hi," I said and reached out for his hand.

"I love you, you know that right?" He whispered as he played with my fingers.

"I know, and I love you."

"I know."

"So why question?"

"I'm not questioning anything."

"Shawn."

I sat up in the bed and just looked at him as he stared down at his hands.

"Shawn?" I mumbled as I heard him let out a small noise.

With that he turned to me again with tears forming in his eyes.

"Shawn, babe what's wrong?"

"Mia, I love you so much," he cried and took me in his arms.

He held me tight, and I did the say knowing that I had him this close to me again. Even though I knew this way wasn't a good way.

"Shawn, please, what's wrong? I love you. Tell me."

He pulled away, showing the tears that had slid down his cheeks. He turned away from me to wipe the tears off and looked back down at his hands.

I then began to watch him pull something out of his pocket. I saw that it was a piece of paper. He began to unfold it, and then stared down at it for quite sometime.

I continued to watch him until he handed it to me.

"What is this?" I said, taking the paper from his hand.

"Just read it please."

I looked down at the paper and began to skim through it. I read the first two lines and my heart sunk.

"You want me to leave?" I spoke out as he buried his head in his hands.

"I love you so much Mia," he cried.

"S-Shawn, w-why-" he cut me off, and I'm glad he did, because I didn't know what to do.

"It's for the best."

Again, I didn't say anything.

"I can't stand hurting you anymore, so I'm letting you go. You can have a life. Your own life. A happy life with someone you love."

With that, my eyes began to water, knowing he was pushing me away. He wanted me to move on with my life, and to be honest, I don't want to.

"N-" I stopped, not being able to continue.

"Mia-" I cut him off, finally getting the courage to say something.

"No!" I said, raising my voice.

"N-no! W-why would you tell me that? You want me to leave you!"

"Mia, I just want you to have the future you deserve."

"My future? Shawn..."

I stopped and went quiet again, not knowing how my next words would effect him.

"Bullshit Shawn! My future that I want and need is you! Don't push me away!"

"Baby-" I cut him off again.

"Don't call me that. Don't call me that when you want me to leave. The fact that you're telling me that makes me think if you even loved me at all."

"Mia, don't say that please."

"Say what? The truth! You're telling me to leave Shawn! You're telling me to find someone I actually love. Well guess what, I love you Shawn!"

"N-no, you don't."

His last words hit hard as I sunk back into the bed. I looked at him as he looked at me. Silence then flooded the room, and I could feel the tension between us.

"Get out," I mumbled, probably too low for him to hear.

"What?"

"I said GET OUT!"

As I shouted that, his face dropped, and he rose from the bed only to slowly walk out. I couldn't help but start crying knowing what all of this was doing to our relationship.

I didn't want to leave Shawn, I know that for a fact, but he wants me gone.

How can I stay here, knowing he doesn't want me anymore?

~~~

I woke up in the middle of the night hearing small steps in the floor of my room. I opened my eyes to see nothing. The whole room was pitch black, and the noise continued to peak throughout my room.

I sat up, trying to get a better view of everything, and saw nothing. I laid back down, keeping my eyes on the ceiling.

As I did that, my heart pounded as something jumped out, pushing down on my mouth. A cloth covered my mouth as I screamed for help, knowing it was muffled.

My hands were being held down, and I could hear someone's voice telling me to keep quiet. I looked for who it was as tears formed in my eyes.

One last tear had shed from my eyes as I saw who it was.

Larry.