23. Lisa

Mia.

I woke up to see nothing. My vision was blurred, and I couldn't seem to recognize a thing. I could hear though.

Small steps coming in my direction.

"Hello?" I mumbled, knowing I wouldn't get an answer.

"Good morning Mia," I heard a voice peak out, and suddenly, the lights flickered on.

My eyes shut immediately, unable to adjust to the light. I opened them again to see Larry stepping into view.

"W-what do you want?" I stuttered, and noticed two figures standing at the other side of the room.

"Why is it always the questions having to want something? Couldn't it just be because it's fun?" I heard another voice speak out, this time feminine.

"Who is that?" I demanded, not knowing I had this much courage to speak out.

"Desperate to know I see," Larry chuckled, "careful, I don't think you'll like this one."

Just then I heard a small thud of something being pushed to the floor, and more steps came to me ear.

"Hello there Mia," she said and walked closer to me, dragging something along with her.

Lisa.

My eyes widened as someone who I looked up to was here.

"What do you want from me?" I hissed, and just then, another thud hit the ground.

"M-Mi-Mia," I heard a voice say, and immediately, I realized who it was.

"D-dad," I saw him try to get up, but was pushed back down by Lisa.

"Why are you doing this?" I questioned, trying to squirm out of the chair I was tied down to.

"It's not why darling, it's for who," Larry smirked while moving a bit closer to me.

"Then who?" I asked, and they both just started laughing.

"You'll see, in good time."

With that, they both left the room, leaving me and my father alone.

"M-Mia," my father choked out.

"A-are you alright? What happened? Why did they take you?" I said, struggling to get free from this chair.

I tried multiple times to pry myself off of the chair.  About ten tries after, I heard the tape tear.  I looked down to see one of my hands were free.

I got myself out from the chair and rushed to the floor to help my dad.  There was blood on his head, and you could tell he had a concussion.

The look in his eyes was dark and lifeless as I tried to help him up.

"I-I didn't," he began while looking down at his feet, but stopped, not able to continue.

"Didn't what?" I questioned, trying to get and answer out of him but I couldn't.

"I-I'm sorry," he mumbled, and with that, fell back to the floor.

I fell next to him to see him unconscious. I examined his body to see what was happening, and I found it.

Blood.

From his stomach, blood was oozing out. So much had been lost, I knew there was no hope.

"Dad?" I said, trying to keep him awake, but he wouldn't budge.

Tears then began to fill my eyes as I sat back, realizing who I had just lost. My tears overwhelmed me. So much that I pressed my back against the wall, hoping all of this was just a dream.

~~~

I woke up to my head throbbing, and a slight pain in my neck.  Voices surrounded me as I tried to open my eyes.

So many things were running through my mind.  I didn't know how I would get out of this. Shawn probably doesn't even know where I am, nor do I think he would care.

My heart ached at the thought of Shawn not caring about me being gone or not loving me at all. He was something that I actually wanted to hang onto the most, but after he told me he wanted me to leave, I didn't know how to feel now.

I know I love him, but does he really love me?

Just then the voices I was hearing came closer to me.

"Come on, you don't really care about her. You wouldn't even care if I put a mark on that pretty little face of hers."

Lisa.

I opened my eyes to see her, but instead I saw someone else. A tall blonde woman with her back faced to me.

"Don't you dare touch her," the person growled, and the next thing I knew everything went black again.

Only one thing was able to process in my head. The person who was there. I didn't think they would come.

Shawn.