4. Pretty Lady

Mia.

My heart skipped, and I hesitated to leave my room. I now have to meet the man who bought me. The man who will take everything away from me.

Even if it hasn't happened yet, I could already begin to feel my innocence slip from my fingers. It is true that I've never had sex with anyone, but that's because I'm so focused on my future.

Sure, I've had boyfriends in the past, but I'd always have to break it off. My dancing career has always been my main focus, but that's not the case anymore.

I took a step out of my room into the now darkened hallway. Earlier, Sadie had showed me 'my owners' room. Not the inside, of course, but in case I was called, I would know which doors to walk through.

The man from earlier who had taken me was standing at the foot of the doors I had to enter.

"Mia," he said with a slight nod.

"I have been asked to see him," I said and he nodded.

"I know sweetheart, I'm here to discuss the ground rules you need to be aware of," he said and I nodded.

"There are rules?"

"Of course, he owns you remember, which means you have to do anything and everything he says."

"I understand," I said and he nodded once more.

"First, you must address him as 'Master' or 'Mr. Mendes,'" he began and I nodded.

"Surprised it's nothing kinky," I muttered and the man just looked at me with cold eyes.

"No sass, he can hear you, and if you ever disobey him, he will hurt you."

"Hurt me?"

I let those words sink in, and he just nodded.

"You will do as he says or face the consequences, understand?" He said and I nodded.

"I understand," I said and he nodded while pushing the door open.

I slipped through the small crack he made, and entered the dark, yet open room.

"Mia is it?" I heard a young voice say.

I didn't say anything, I just kept taking small steps further into the room.

"I believe I asked you a question," the voice said again.

"Um y-yes, my n-name is Mia," I stuttered and I heard him chuckle.

"Come take a seat on the bed Mia, and you don't have to be scared. I won't hurt you," he said and I motioned myself over to the bed.

I took a seat, and was now able to see 'my owner' much clearer now. His features were different. When you would see him, you wouldn't think of him as the monster he is.

From what I could see in the dim lighting his skin was pale, eyes that were a light chocolate color you could get lost in, brown scruffy hair you can run your fingers through, and a facial structure of a god.

"Hello, Mia," he said and I smiled, trying all to desperately to be kind.

"Hello, master," I said and he smiled, showing off his clearly straightened teeth.

"So, I know you've already heard what you've been put into, and may I say you are beautiful," he said with his hand lightly stroking the side of my face.

My body began to tremble and although his hand was warm and soothing, something still made it feel cold.

"What's your full name Mia?" He asked, removing his hand from my face.

"Mia Grace Clark."

"Pretty name, is Mia short for anything?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Cute and simple, just like you," he said and I smiled.

"Thank you," I said and he nodded.

"Why don't you tell me about yourself? I heard you love to dance, and if I must admit, I have a thing for dancers."

"U-um y-yes, I dance. Have been f-for some time I g-guess you can say," I said and he laughed.

"Mia, darling, why are you scared?" He questioned, placing his hand on the side of my face again.

I backed away, not wanting him to touch me.

"Why me?" I asked, knowing tears were beginning to fill my eyes.

"Darling I don't know what you mean," he said and I turned to him, showing him the amount of pain I was in.

"Why me? You picked me. You bought me. Why?" I asked and he turned his head away from me.

"Because I saw something in you Mia. I wanted you, and when I want something I always get it," he said, and his tone was turning cold.

"But I don't want to live like this.  I don't want to have this life.  You can't buy me and expect to own me," I said, getting angrier by the second.

"Actually princess, buying something means you own it, and frankly, after today, I own you."

"But I don't want to be owned."

"That's not the deal, I own you and now you do whatever I say."

"Like what?" I asked and he smirked.

"You'll see in good time," he said and I scoffed.

"What's with all of you and this 'in good time' shit? I'm sick of it.  Just tell me! If I'm stuck in this hellhole I want to know what I'll be living with!" I said, raising my voice which caused his eyes to widen and for him to shake his head.

"Now Mia, yelling and throwing a fit isn't going to get you anywhere.  You listen to me and only me.  Throwing a tantrum only makes me mad, and I don't want to hurt you, so I suggest you don't make me mad."

I looked at him, and already could feel the tension.  His eyes were cold, and I could tell he was concealing his anger, so I forced myself to calm down.

"I'm sorry master," I said and he nodded.

"Good, now I suggest you go to bed.  I'll see you in the morning for breakfast," he said and I nodded.

I walked out of his room, and back to my own.  As I closed the door, I jumped into my bed only for a lump of tears to escape my eyes.

Why did this have to happen to me?