7. Warm Eyes

Mia.

"Apologize?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yes, what I did, that wasn't me. I didn't want to hurt you, I hated it. Every moment of it," he said.

"I didn't seem that way master," I hissed and his eyes were starting to get cold, but soon soothed.

Maybe he was being serious.

"You really aren't joking are you?" I asked and he just looked at me.

"Why would I joke? I really don't know what came over me. I didn't mean to hurt you like that."

"Then why hurt me? Why hurt girls in general?"

"What I did to other girls wasn't like this. I got too carried away with you."

"Why?"

"I don't know Mia. Look, I just want you to know that the person you saw back in that room, wasn't me."

"Then who are you?"

"You'll know soon enough, I promise."

"What do you mean."

"I-I mean that tomorrow, we'll start fresh."

"Fresh as in you treating me like a normal human being?"

He laughed and shook his head.

"My dear, I still own you."

"Right."

"Just promise that nothing like what happened in that room will happen again," I said and he just looked at me.

"Mia, I-I can't promise that. Unless you follow my rules."

"And I will, I just want to be treated normally, please."

"In-" he stopped and turned away from me, "soon my dear."

"Okay."

"Now, get some rest. We will talk more in the morning."

"Yes master," I said and headed out of the room.

I walked back to my bedroom and laid back down in bed. My body still ached, but it was bearable.

I didn't know he would actually be capable of apologizing. His personalities seemed to have changed many times.

But back there, from what I saw, there's a small part of him that isn't like the monster I see. Inside I can tell he's different, yet he's hiding under this different person.

A violent person who enjoys abuse. When I looked at him, I could see an innocent being in his eyes. Maybe, just maybe, there's a way I could get that part out.

Just maybe.

~~~

I woke up the next morning, and knew what I had to do. I got up from my bed and went into the restroom. I brushed my teeth, then headed downstairs for breakfast, knowing he would be waiting for me.

When I went down, he wasn't there yet.

"Take a seat Mia, Mr. Mendes should be down momentarily," Larry said and I just nodded.

"Is she-" he said while walking down the steps, but then paused, "Mia."

"Master," I said with a kind smile as he took a seat next to me.

"Shawn."

"I'm sorry?" I asked and he lightly chuckled.