6. Hold Me Back

Mia.

*Crack!*

I screamed out in pain feeling one of Shawn's hands slap my behind. I couldn't see his face, but I could tell he was enjoying this.

It's only been ten minutes, but it's felt like a lifetime. I didn't know how longer I could take this. He's been smacking me, hitting me with whips, and if I dared to say one word he would punch me.

I bit down hard on my lip, as he continued to abuse me.

"Do you like when I hit you?"

"This is what bad girls get."

"Don't you ever disobey me!"

I didn't say anything, he kept hitting me, and I had just given up. This was my life now. This is what I now have to live with.

He enjoyed this. He enjoyed hurting girls. When you look at him you wouldn't think he would harm a fly, but that's the complete opposite.

"Have you learned your lesson?" I heard him ask while pulling me up by the arm.

I couldn't make the words come out, saying that I've had enough of this. My eyes just looked into his cold ones as he waited for an answer.

*Crack!*

I fell off the bed to the ground yelping in pain.

"I asked if you've had enough! Clearly you haven't since you can't answer a damn question!" He shouted.

I rolled on the floor in tears. I could already feel the side of my face begin to throb. I wanted to tell him that I have, but I couldn't. Nothing would come out of my body, only my endless screams.

"Mr. Mendes! What have you done!" I heard Lisa's voice yell into the room as I laid there in absolute agony.

"Lisa! This is none of your business! I told you to never interrupt me in here!"

"I don't care! You hurt this poor girl! Leave her be. Haven't you seen she's had enough!" She yelled.

I heard him scoff, and next thing I knew, he was out of the room.

"Y-you came," I stuttered.

Oh so now I can get words out?

"I had to, I heard you screaming, and I knew you wouldn't last any longer," she said, gently picking me up off the floor.

Once I stood up, my whole body ached and I just crumbled to the floor again.

"Oh my, is everything alright? What hurts? I'll get Larry," she said and rushed out of the room.

Larry? Who's that?

I continued to lie there as Lisa and the man who had first taken me rushed in.

Oh so that's Larry.

"Here, help me carry her to her room Lisa," Larry said as he gently picked me up off the ground.

I tried not to wince from the pain, but I couldn't help it. My whole body ached and I felt like nothing. Everything around me was dim and numb.

I then felt my back be pressed against the comforter of my bed.

Was my room the real safe haven I have to stay in?

"Here, I'll watch over her, you may go now Larry," Lisa said.

"Actually, Mr. Mendes would like to have a word with you," I heard him say, and just hearing 'my owners' name scared me.

"Oh, alright," she paused and from the dim lighting, I could see her looking down at me, "I tried everything I could sweetheart."