9. Enough For Her

Mia.

I grabbed Shawn's hand and dragged him back inside the house.

"Larry!" I called out once we got back into the house.

"Mia, what's the-" I cut him off by pushing Shawn in his direction.

Shawn didn't say anything he just looked at me with the same confused look Larry was giving me.

"Please get Shawn ready in his best clothing," I said and they still just looked at me.

"What? You don't want a man like him looking like trash on a first date do you?" I asked and Larry just nodded.

"Well that was fast," Larry mumbled which made Shawn look at him.

"Anyways, I'm going to get ready, meet in twenty," I said while running back up to my room.

I heard Larry mumble something behind me, as well as Shawn, but I couldn't catch them.  I got back into my room and ran into my closet.

Am I really going on a date with Shawn?

The man who basically kidnapped and bought me?

What if he doesn't want to go on a date with me?

But he didn't object...

So many questions were running through my head as I got dressed. I decided to wear a black romper that was kind of backless. I found some clothes that were wearable for this sort of occasion behind all of the lingerie.

I quickly did my hair and makeup, then I looked at myself in the mirror.

Don't screw this up Mia.

As I was getting ready to walk out of my room, I heard a knock on the door.

"Mia? Mr-" he cut himself off as I opened the door to see Larry standing there, "Shawn is ready for you."

"Thank you Larry," I smiled while walking out of my room.

"He's waiting downstairs, and may I just add, be careful."

"Will do, now if you'll excuse me," I said as I made my way downstairs.

I walk down to see Shawn standing there with a rather anxious face.

Is he really nervous?

"Mia," he gasped as I came into his view.

I walked down to meet him as he looked at me up and down.

"You look," he paused and took my hand in his, "stunning."

"Same to you," I giggled while seeing him in a black and white suit.

"You ready to go? I made a reservation at a restaurant for us."

"Of course," I smiled as he led me out of the house.

Besides earlier today, I hadn't been outside. I wasn't able to experience what it felt like to be, well, free. We walked outside and I felt Shawn's grip on my hand get a little tighter.

I looked at him with a concerned look.

"Please don't runaway," he said and I nodded.

"I'm not going anywhere," I assured him.

If I hadn't have gotten to know him, I would be running, but from what I've seen, he's a different person. A person who I need to come out somehow, and this date may be the trick.

He lead me out to his car, and let me get in first.

"Thank you," I mumbled and he just smiled.

"My pleasure," he said and closed my door as he got into the other side of the car.

I honestly don't know how badly I want this date to go right.

~~~

"Well no wonder you have such an amazing voice," I said as Shawn finished telling me how he got into music.

"It's not that amazing, it's just been improved," he chuckled and I shook my head.

"Shawn, you sound absolutely incredible, and maybe sometime, I can interpret a dance for your songs."

"Honestly, I'd like that."

"Good, then plan it out and I'm there."

"Maybe that could be our second date," he mumbled nervously.

I smiled and took his hand in mine, "It will be."

He just looked at me and smiled. It was kind of sweet that we didn't have to say anything to keep everything going. We were fine in this silence.

As he continued to look at me, I noticed some people in the corner of my eyes.

"Shit," I cursed and tried hiding my face from them.

"W-what's wrong?" Shawn asked and I shook my head.

"I think those are my parents," I mumbled and he looked behind our table to see who I was talking about.

"Table to your right in the back corner," I said and he looked in the direction.

"Should we go?" He asked and I nodded.

Although I should be wanting to go to my parents, some part of me wanted to stay with Shawn. Which is completely absurd because I do miss my home, my family, and my old life, yet something's pulling me to stay here.

"Can we? I don't want to, but we can't have them seeing me."

"Okay, come on, I'll sneak you out," he said while putting some money on the table for our food.

He grabbed my hand, since I knew he could sense that I was a little bit scared to pass them. He gently squeezed my hand as we tried sneaking out of the restaurant.

I almost thought they saw me for a split second, but I ignored it. We finally made it out of the restaurant, and I was able to catch my breath.

"Were you holding your breath in?" Shawn chuckled and I nodded.

"I don't think you understand how scared I was in there."

He just laughed and shook his head.

"Well, nothing will scare you anymore, I promise," he mumbled while pulling me close to him.

We were still outside of the restaurant, standing there in the cold. Our bodies were close together, and weirdly, I liked this feeling.

I could feel him looking down at me as I looked up at him. Our eyes were locked together as ur faces moved closer to each other.

Am I really about to kiss the man who bought me?

Oh shut up Mia, you know you want it!

Okay...maybe I do.

Our lips were so close to touching until someone cut us off.

"Mia?"

Family reunion time.