20. Fights

Mia.

My eyes kept blinking, trying to see if what I was actually seeing was real.  The two people who I believed cared for me are standing right in front of me.

"Mia, so lovely to see you again," my mother said while pulling away from my dads side to give me a slight hug.

Her hug was tight and loving, just how I believed it always was.

"Wish I could say the same," I muttered and pulled away.

I clung onto Shawn's side as I kept my eyes on my parents. They stared at the two of us, making all of this silence seem like torture.

"So no proper welcome Shawn? I thought we were-" my father began, but Shawn cut him off.

"What? Pals? You're only fooling yourself Joseph," Shawn spat, which made me shiver a bit.

The look in my fathers eyes turned soft, yet it was something I've never seen before. It was a darker softened look.

"Why so hostile? We just came to see our daughter," my dad smirked and I just rolled my eyes.

"I'm pretty sure your 'daughter' has no interest in seeing either of you whatsoever," Shawn said and I could feel my parents eyes watching me carefully.

"Mia Grace, we're your parents. We looked after you, why let a man you barely know treat us like this?" My mom questioned.

I laughed and turned my head over to my mother, "You are not my parents. I made it pretty clear that I didn't want either of you to come near me...ever."

"Also, last time I checked, he knows more about me then the two of you combined," I added and I could feel Shawn start to stare down at me.

"What are you talking about?" My father asked and I just shook my head.

"Why should it matter to you? You did this to me. You sold me away, and now you think you deserve to know everything that's happened?"

"Mia don't," Shawn mumbled down to me.

I tried to listen, but I couldn't. I was being pushed. Pushed over the edge by two people I trusted. I don't know what outcome can come from this, but I knew Shawn could see it.

"Mia Grace Clark, you tell us what you're hiding right now," my mother said, keeping both of her feet firm on the ground.

"Do you remember that perfect little girl you raised? The one who could tell her right from wrong? The one who had her whole future ahead of her, and was set for life?"

I kept going until I was ready to burst. My face was hot and Shawn tried calming me down, but it didn't work. He would tell me to stop, but I wouldn't listen.

"I'm pregnant," I finished and Shawn's hand left mine.

"I'm sorry what?" My father said in shock as my mother was still trying to process my words.

"You heard me, I'm pregnant," I spat, and I could see my fathers face begin to boil.

"Mia," Shawn mumbled into my ear, and his tone was something I've never heard.

"I-I don't know w-what to say," my mother muttered.

"Maybe it's because you let this happen," I spat again.

"Mia, that's enough please," Shawn whispered to me so only I could hear him.

"Don't go near her! Don't say anything to her Shawn!" My father snapped which caused me to jolt away from Shawn slightly.

"Mia, go with Lisa to your room please," Shawn said and I felt Lisa start to tug at my side.

"She's not going anywhere, if anything she's coming with us!" My mom shouted and I just stared at her, still not moving from where I was.

"Mia go please," Shawn said, not making any eye contact with him.

"Sweetheart come on," Lisa said, but I still didn't move.

"Shawn, I'm not leaving you," I said and he just shook his head.

"I can't believe you Mia! You let this man brainwash you into a lovesick dog!" My father spat.

"Mia, room...now!" Shawn shouted, and this time I listened.

Lisa helped me upstairs, while silence filled the front of the house. Then I realized, I spoke too soon.

"You got her pregnant!" My dad roared and next thing I knew I heard loud bangs coming from the front door.

"Close your ears sweetie, it's not good for the baby to heard this."

"L-Lisa, what's happening?"

"I-I don't know, just stay in your room. Shawn w-will take care of it."

"B-but Lisa-"

"No buts, just stay."

"I-I need S-Shawn."

"And he'll be here, trust me okay?"

"Okay."

"Now lay down, clear your head, and try to sleep. He'll be here when you wake."

I did as she said and laid down in my old bed, trying to clear every thought coming to my mind. I didn't know what was happening downstairs, but I knew it wasn't good.

Once my mind was clear, everything seemed to have drifted from me. All the stress lifted, and I closed my eyes, drifting away slowly.

~~~

My eyes slowly fluttered open. The room was dark, and I couldn't see anything. Nothing was in this room. All empty and pitch black.

Where was Shawn?

Lisa said he would come back. Did something happen to him during the fight with my parents?

My head felt like it was throbbing. I sat up in bed trying to wrap my mind around things. I looked around still not seeing anything. I felt something odd in the pit of my stomach.

Something wet and unnatural. I looked down and the next thing I knew I was screaming in terror. My hands were dripping with the liquid pouring out of my stomach.

Next thing I knew, everything turned black.