10. Reunion

Mia.

I turned around to see my parents standing there. I looked at their faces, only to see no concern whatsoever.

"Mia," my mother said while walking over to me.

"Shawn, lovely to see you again!" My dad said as he pushed passed me to say hello to Shawn.

What the hell?

"Mia, how've you been?" My father asked as he just greeted Shawn.

"I'm sorry, but what is going on?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought Shawn would've told you," my dad said.

Tell me what?

"Tell me what?" I said, speaking my thoughts out loud, "and how do you know Shawn?"

"Shawn and I go way back, your uncle, went to school with him."

"I still don't get what any of this means."

"Look, sweetie, we would've told you sooner, but we figured you would be fine with this," my mom said.

"Fine with what?"

"Well being sold off of course."

They knew?

"You knew!" I said in a loud voice.

"Mia, sweetie, calm down.  You don't understand."

"No! What the hell is wrong with you people! You sold me off to get abused!"

"Mia, please," Shawn said while wrapping his arm around my waist which I rejected.

"Sweetheart, it's not like that, we needed the money, and your sister was too young to apply."

"So that just makes it okay to sell me?  I had my whole life ahead of me and little did I know you were the ones to throw it away!"

"Mia Grace! We are still your parents and we needed this to happen."

"No.  You didn't.  You know if you really cared about me and wanted to be the good parents you said you were, you wouldn't have done this!"

"Mia, come on, let's just go."

"Mia, I think you should listen to Shawn.  We knew you weren't ready to know the truth."

"The truth was complete bullshit! And if you ever try to come in my life, don't bother.  I don't want you...any of you," I hissed and turned back to the parking lot.

I stormed off back to Shawn's car.  Given the fact that I'm owned by Shawn, I can't go anywhere.  Not now or ever, and my parents knew about that.

I jumped in the car as Shawn ran to catch up to me.  I knew he would try to talk to me, but I didn't want to talk to him.

He knew my parents set this up.  He knew this whole time. 

This bastard!

I was beginning to fall for him.  I can't let that happen.  Not after finding this out.

"Mia, please," I heard Shawn say as he got in the car.

I huffed in frustration as he just drove us back home.  How on earth could so many people you thought you could trust be so cruel?

I never would've thought my parents would be like this.  They sold me.  They sold their own daughter for money.

If that's not ludicrous I don't know what is.

Once we pulled back up to the driveway, I jumped out of the car, only to storm inside the house.

Shawn kept calling after me. The fact that he won't leave me alone makes me want to burst. He was asking for a show, and if a show is what he wants, then he's getting it.

"Mia, please just wait!" He called out as he got into the house.

I was standing at the foot of the stairs, waiting to burst.  Larry was standing at the top probably wondering what the hell was going on.

"You knew!" I shouted while turning to face him.

"Mia, please, let me just explain."

"No Shawn! Why the hell would you keep this from me!"

"It's not like that, look it's all just very complicated."

"No! You know what's complicated the fact that I was starting to fall for you, but not anymore!"

"Mia, don't do that please, I'm falling for-" I cut him off by screaming him again.

"What? Falling for me? Bullshit Shawn! I'm just your toy.  The fact that you bought me and did this it's just," I paused trying to gather my words, "I hate you!"

"Mia don't, I know you don't mean that."

"I do mean it Shawn! I hate you! I hate this! I thought I could change you but I can't! You're just a guy who manipulates girls! I hate you! Don't ever speak to me again even if you own me! I don't give a crap!"

"Mia please!" He shouted as I stormed upstairs to my room.

I didn't want to hear anything he had to say.  He would've told me the truth when everything started.  Maybe even then I would act the same way.

I do know one thing for sure, I hate him.

I hate him with a passion now.

~~~

I woke up to small knocks on my door.  I checked the time to see it was only two in the morning.

Who the hell dares to disturb me?

I sighed and got up to check who it was.

Of freaking course.

"Shawn, I meant what I-" I was cut off by his lips pressing against mine.

He pulled away, gasping for air.

"Don't say anything please," he said and kissed me again.

What the hell is happening.

He pulled away again with a dark, yet soft look in his eyes.

"Just say you love me."