25. Now Or Never

Mia.
*Six years later*

"Is that all I can do for you?" I asked, letting go of Georgie's hand as I gave him back to his parents.

"Mia, you are too sweet. You do too much for us, we appreciate that very much," Mrs. Robinson said and I just smiled.

"Same time tomorrow I'm guessing?" I asked and she just smiled.

"Sure, thank you again for watching him such short notice."

"It's no problem, I love watching little kids," I said and began walking off down the driveway.

"Bye Mia!" I heard Georgie call out and I turned around to see him waving at me.

"Bye! I'll see you tomorrow, and stay out of trouble!" I called back and all I heard was his little laugh walk off into the house.

I smiled to myself quietly before jumping into my car to drive back to my house. As I drove off down the streets, my phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

"Mia?"

"W-who's this?"

"You're secret admirer."

"You creep! What do you want?" I laughed into the phone.

"Well I am offended! But I wanted to know if you were coming in today."

"Don't I always, why do you need to ask?"

"Well that's not all okay? Someone wants to take a lesson from you."

"Oh really?"

"Really, now get your butt over here so we can make more money!"

"You know that's not why I do this right? I do it because I actually like it you fake!"

"Haha whatever, just hurry, I think he's getting a little impatient."

"He?"

"Yes. Is there a problem with that?"

"No, I just...never mind."

"Alright well I'll see you soon okay?"

"Yeah, I'll be there in a few. I'm just down the street."

"Okay, see you then."

"Chao."

With that, I hung up the phone and placed it back into the cup holder. After that, my phone went off again. This time it was a text message.

I picked it up and went through who it was from.

"Get ready to dance like your nana."

Attached to that was a picture of a dancing banana. As cheesy as the joke was, it was kid of funny. Maybe because it was just an inside joke.

I work with this guy named Brandon. Technically we don't really work together because I take lessons for dance, yet I still teach people so I guess you can call it working.

He's always had a thing for me, but I never felt the same for him. Frankly, I've never felt the same about any guy expect him.

I choose to never use his name since it still hurts to think about it. Hell, I'm thinking about him and I'm hurting.

I tried clearing my mind by typing back to Brandon's text but instead, my phone ended up being thrown to the other seat of the car.

All I could feel was my head hitting the window, and everything went dark.

*Dream*

"Mia, is that you?"

"S-Shawn?"

"Hey."

"W-what happened?"

"I don't know. What are you doing here?"

"I don't know...what are you doing here?"

"I don't know."

"Shawn."

"Yes."

"Where are you?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean where are you?"

"I'm looking."

"Looking for what?"

"For you."

"Shawn."

"Mia."

"I love you."

"I-I," my sentence stopped, causing me to look around my surroundings, "Shawn."

"I'm looking for you Mia, please come back to me."

"Shawn where are you?"

"Please stay. I need you to stay please."

"Shawn."

*End of Dream*

My body began to twitch, I felt someone holding my hand as I tried opening my eyes.

"Please wake up Mia, I can't do this without you."

My eyes tried fluttering open. Closing every second they made contact with that light. After a few tries, I was able to see.

I looked around the room, trying to process everything, but truth is, I could only process one thing.

"Shawn?"

The End.