18. Test Me

Mia.

I stood on the balcony trying to clear my head. This weird feeling kept bubbling in my stomach. I tried to keep my mind focused on the mid-July sky which felt like the cold November nights back home.

I breathed in the air as I felt a hand be placed on my back. I looked to my right to see Shawn standing next to me, admiring the dark night.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I heard him question as he kept his eyes locked in the sight ahead of us.

"Definitely," I mumbled and began breathing in the fresh air once again.

"You know I was talking about you, but this sight is good too," he chuckled and I just turned my head to look at him again.

"Yeah," I trailed and turned around to go back inside.

"Mia? What's the matter?" He asked and I could feel him walking inside behind me.

"Nothing I'm just," I paused while taking a seat on the bed, "I'm just tired that's all."

"Sweetheart, you seem pale, are you sure you're alright?"

"Y-yeah. Do you t-think you can grab me a glass o-of water?"

"Of course, I'll be right back."

Before he could actually leave, my mind ditched directions and I pulled him back by his wrist.

"I-I thought you w-wanted water?" He asked with a small chuckle, confused as to why I did that.

"Forget that," I said and pulled him down to meet my lips.

He kissed me back, and next thing I knew I was in tears.

Hormones much?

He then pulled back, examining my face.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He questioned, lifting up my face to wipe away my tears.

"D-do you remember what happened t-this morning?" I stuttered and he nodded.

"When you got sick? It's probably nothing just too much rough play."

"N-no. I don't think it was that."

"What do you mean?"

"Well you don't just throw up out of nowhere Shawn."

"I'm still not following," he said and I just looked at him.

"Here, then sit."

He sat down next to me, still with a confused expression. I turned to look him in the eye, and then got up from the bed.

"Where are you going?"

I didn't answer, I just walked out of the room and down to my own. I made my way to my restroom to check the drawers.

"Looking for this?"

I turned around to see Lisa holding something in her hand, and it was exactly what I was looking for.

"How did you-" she cut me off before I could finish by handing me what I needed.

"I have a sort of motherly instinct I guess you could say," she said and looked down at what was in my hands.

"Thank you."

That was all I could say, so I then headed back to Shawn's room. I walked back in to see him still sitting where I left him.

"Where did you-" he cut himself off as he looked down to what was in my hands.

"I-it's just an instinct," I said, looking down at my hands.

"Y-you think y-you're p-pregnant?" He stuttered and I just shrugged.

"It's better for us to know than not," I said and he nodded.

"So you want to test it?" He asked and I nodded.

"I do, but before I do, I want to know something."

"Okay, what do you want to know?"

"What if I was pregnant? W-would you s-still love m-me?"

"Mia, of course I would, how could you ever say that?" He questioned, standing upright on his feet and walking towards me.

"I-I don't know. I just t-thought that I was o-only meant to be y-your toy rather than t-this," I said and he just shook his head.

"Mia, you are not my toy. I love you, more than anything and anyone. If you are pregnant, I would be the happiest person alive because I would only want that with you."

"A-are you sure?"

"I am, and I don't want you to ever doubt that I don't love you, that's the only rule you have to follow at this point."

"I love you."

"And I love you," he mumbled, pulling me in his arms, "always."

I pulled away, looking down at the small box in my hands.

"Okay, I'll be right back then," I said and walked into the bathroom.

Here's to the future.

~~~

My head came alert to a small timer Shawn had handed me just after I walked into the bathroom. It signaled that all of this waiting could finally come to an end.

I stopped the timer, knowing that Shawn was on the other side of the door waiting for the answer. I picked up the small stick that basically held my future and looked at it.

I then opened the door to see Shawn already in front of me.

"Well?" He asked and I just looked at him.

I kept quiet, and instead reached up on the tips of my toes to kiss his lips. I pulled away after two seconds, still holding the sides of his face with my hands.

I kept my face close to his, and he did the same, not daring to pull away.

"Mia?"

"I'm pregnant."