12. Lonely

Mia.

I woke up the next morning feeling sore as hell.

Did that really happen?

My head felt as if it were throbbing, and I couldn't fully open my eyes.  I remember Shawn and I falling asleep together after our long 'session.'

I hoped he would still be here when I woke up, but I doubted it.  I opened my eyes once I was ready to face reality, and just as I suspected.  He was gone.

I sighed as I got up from my messy bed.  I looked around and saw my clothes neatly folded up, sitting on the foot of my bed.  The white sheets were a tangled mess which reminded me of last night.

I told him I loved him.  And after last night, I hoped he still felt the same.  What if he didn't? What if he just wanted to have sex with me then be done with it.

I mean, he seemed to enjoy it, I think.  I don't know how boys' minds work, especially his.  He was more complex than other guys I've encountered.

I walked over to my restroom, and took one look in the mirror.  Sure, I had my doubts of last night and whether or not it actually happened, but now that I'm looking at myself, I knew it was real.

My hair was a complete wreck.  A tangled mess from his hands pulling on my hair.  Then, down my neck there was a trail of vibrant red hickeys leading down my body.

I still didn't have any clothes on.  I wanted to know what this man did to me.  In all honesty, he made me feel great.  It was a new experience for me, which he was careful with.

He said he loved me, and I told him the same thing.  But is this really love?  I quickly got redressed and made myself look 'presentable' for breakfast.

I put my hair up in a ponytail, knowing he would see the marks he left on me.  This small pit in my stomach wanting to show him that I wanted him in that way again.

Once I was done, my mind was still spinning and slipping back to last night.  I walked out of my room and knew that I would be facing him now.

I would be facing the one who took my virginity, who said he loved me, and who made love to me.

I walked down the stairs smelling the scent of breakfast in the air.  I made my way into the dining area.

"Mia."

"Larry? W-where's Shawn?" I asked wondering why he wasn't here.

"Mr. Mendes had to step out for the day, but he insisted you would eat something," he said and I nodded while taking a seat.

"Where did he go?" I asked.

"I don't know, he left during the night.  He woke me up to tell me that he would be back later the next day, and to take care of you."

"Take care of me?"

"Well yes.  I assume after last nights 'incident' you would catch on."

"Catch on to what?"

At this point, I didn't bother eating, I just wanted to know more of what Larry was getting at.

"That he cares for you.  I've never once seen him act this way towards a girl.  Actually, no that's a lie.  I've only ever seen him this way with his mother."

"You knew his mother?"

"Sadly yes."

"Why sadly?"

"Because his mother and I used to be lovers."

Well okay...interesting.

"Back when I was your age, I met the love of my life, Karen.  We were the best of friends who turned out to be lovers, but then Manny, Shawn's dad, came in the picture."

"Karen ended up leaving me for him.  After that, I was devastated.  Manny had took the woman I loved, and turned her into something else."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I assume Shawn told you that Manny had killed his mother."

I nodded in response.

"Well he thought that she was cheating on him with me, since we got back into contact.  He wasn't happy about it, and then the abuse started which led to further events."

"Sometimes, I would see Shawn and Karen at family parties.  Shawn would always tell me that I seemed like a father to him which is true now.  I do take care of him, because that's what Karen wanted me to do."

"When he was young, Shawn wouldn't dare to leave his mothers side.  They were always together no matter what.  He cared for her, and it's starting to show with you."

"It is?"

"Yes, and look, the whole moral of the story is that, whatever Shawn does now, isn't just to put you in misery, but it's to protect you."

"What do you mean? What is he planning on doing?"

"Mia I-" Larry was cut off by the front door opening.

"I'm back, is she-" Shawn began as he walked into the dining room.

"Mia."

"Shawn."

His tone was different.  It sounded nervous.  I would've asked what was wrong, but I couldn't.  By the time I tried, he spoke.

"Come, let's talk."