Twisted

"it's twisted, messed up. and the more i think about it, it is crazy but so what? i may never understand it. i'm caught up and i'm hanging on. i'm gonna love you even if it's wrong" it's 9am and i'm jamming to my own song, Twisted.

I've come myself to thinking, could that really happen? does anyone really fall in love with the wrong person? Then i woke up from my pool of thought when my phone buzzed off.

My phone says "Brad Freaking Paisley" so I answered it, curious on why he's calling me.

C: Brad! what's up?

B: Hey Care, just wanna know if you have anything planned today?

C: uhmm. nope. completely free today, why?

B: Since Kim and the kids are out of town til the next 3 weeks, I have nothing to do. So I called you and i wanna ask if you wanna go out lunch with me today?

C: oh, i see. and yes okay.

B: great! i'll pick you up at 11, sounds good?

C: sounds good to me :) BYE.

then I hung up. I immediately went to shower, after good 30 minutes i'm finished and picked out a dress from my wardrobe.

"wait, i dunno where Brad is taking me to, and I don't wanna get overdressed" i said to myself.

Then after a couple of minutes I finally figured what to wear. A plain black dress that goes up to my knees, and a silver strappy sandals.

I slid in my dress first did my make up, only light one and did my hair, i just have it curled i'm not really feeling putting it to a bun. Then I wore my sandals then grabbed a clutch and waited in the living room. Just as I sat into the couch, the doorbell rang.

I opened the door and of course, Brad was there standing, wearing a Black longsleeves, black pants and yes, his white hat.

"Why, hello there Ms. Underwood. You look beautiful." He complimented. "I know, but thanks!" i said joking "You look great too." i followed up. He smiled, that charming smile.

Then we stood in silence for like, very long until he said, "So we better get going." I nodded in reply then kissed Ace, my dog, goodbye.

He opened the car door for me. "Thanks" i said. "My pleasure beautiful miss." he replied.

On our way to where we're going was fun! Brad and I haven't bonded since the CMAs. He joked, We laughed, he asked questions replied wittily.

"Where's Kim and the kids, by the way" i asked. "Oh, they're at Kim's parents. Having a vacation, and i know you would ask, I didn't come, because i have a new project." he replied. "oh, NEW PROJECT?tell me what it is!" i squealed. "Can't tell missy. and we are here."

He pulled over at an Italian restaurant. "I know you love it here, besides you're Vegan so." "are you kidding me? this is my favorite place! and i haven't been here for a while" i said.

Again, he opened the door for me, What a gentleman he is, Kim is so lucky. I thought to myself.

we entered the resto, and sat on our table. He ordered Pasta and I ordered salad. We talked about a lot of things. He asked me questions about my "love life" and all I can say is. "Brad, i haven't been on a relationship since God knows when, it's been a very long time. and i'm kinda focusing on my career right now, so no time for that."

he let out a slight chuckle and said "Carrie, Carrie, Carrie you're a very beautiful woman and lots of guys are lining up for yah, time is running, there's no wasting chances." "well, i'd have to think about that." is all i can say.

"So i see that you're done eating, wanna go in the park and have some ice cream?" he asked. "yeaaah!!" i answered like a little girl.

we went out and headed to the park. Went to the ice cream parlor, we both ordered Chocolate :) , we ate the ice cream while strolling down the park and chatting like a couple. WAIT, i ain't falling for him, right? Brad is my best friend. HE'S JUST MY BEST FRIEND. I told myself.

Then my thoughts got cut off when Brad said "hey, time passes by so fast, it's already 17:30, maybe i should take you home now." "yeah okay." was all i said.

Then next thing I know we're on my driveway. "So Brad, thank you for today" i say as he helped me get out of his car. "I enjoyed a lot! thank you. "i continued. "Not a problem Underwood!" he said smiling.

we reached the door, next thing i know, we were kissing.