Chapter 4

I already mentioned that I love Historical drama/stories over all so I found a soundtrack that matched the story between the two main characters. It's the opening song of the korean drama "Queen Seon Deok" (One of the best historical drama ever), it's my most favourite historical soundtrack so I hope you can feel the excitement I feel whenever I'm listening to this soundtrack :)

Have fun reading the fourth chapter

*************************************

Mainwhile in the amarapura palace, the tournament proceeded to the next round. Twelve from the eighteen men passed for the archery match. The archery match almost reached its end because most of the participants were already eliminated from the competition. Only four men remained in the tournament till now. However Ko Chan Tha already defeated his challanger and progressed in the final round. The thin man nobody took serious, the weak looking man nobody believed in, was the first man to reach the final. Now only Ko Thura and Ko Thet Shay remained as the two last participants. They were showing their archery skills in front of the higher officials, some rich households, the emperial's guards and the royal family. It was like a match about life and death none of them wanted to lose.

Both of them had 5 to 5 point, also a tied between them right now. Each one of them had a single shot right now. Thura positioned some meters away from the target, concentrated then shoot her arrow. It flew towards the bull's eyes but hit the red circle under the bull's eyes instead. His eyes widened in shock, almost broke down from his failure. Most of the viewers sighed and screamed disappointed at his failure. But he didn't lose everything yet, there was still a glimpse of hope in him. If Thet Shay did a mistake and hit the lower blue circle, he would be the winner, also Chan Tha's opponent.

Ko Thet Shay stood behind the white line, spread his legs a little bit from each other. He looked first at the target, took a deep breath then exhaled the air, positioning to shoot his arrow. While the last participant shoot his last arrow, Thura wished for the young man to fail. The arrow hit the red circle too, just like he did. Now the tension reached its peak. Were they tied again? If yes then Ko Chan Tha would be the winner of this tournament. A guard ran quickly to the target, messuring the distance between the two hits. It was so silent, even the buzzing of a bug could be heard. It was as if everyone hold on their breath at that moment.

The guard observed the two arrows to a hair's breadth, noticed an arrow was under the yellow bull's eyes while the other one was on the line separating the yellow and the red circle, clearly showing it was an inch higher than the other.

Chan Tha already realized who's arrow was on the winning side, also who his opponent would be so he left the field to relaxe in the shedrow. He went instead to his white horse that already grew to his heart. If his Ma knew about him caressing another animal beside him, it would sulk again, feeling jealous over the white beauty. A smile cracked on his lips as he thought about his own horse. He patted the animal on the stomach, praising him for being so fast. It was thanks to his speed he won the first match.

„The winner's Ko Thet Shay", the young soldier screamed.

As soon as his name was mentioned, the young man jumped in joy, being proud of himself for coming so far in this competition, something he didn't even expect. While the latter was in joy, Ko Thura left the arena, stomping back in the shedrow where he could vent his anger. He was so angry that he searched everywhere for something to punch but he didn't find anything in particular. There was the swordholder of the young man he just lost to in front of him, staring at him as if laughing at him for losing the match against his owner. An idea dawned in his head: He wanted to sabotage him. His anger finally faded away.