Chapter 13

So here's the new chapter of this story. Sorry that it took a long time to update it... I wish every reader to enjoy the chapter :)

But first let me warn you: This chapter contains some brutal fighting scenes so just read it if you can endure such contents :) 

*************************

Darkness covered over Burma, the fullmoon enlighten the darkness for the people to see the road clearlier. There was an awkward silence laying in the air. It was always quiet in Burma during the night but today a strange feelings laid in the atmosphere, warning them about the danger coming. But his Highness didn't even sense the danger surrounding him this time.

Arthit decided to leave his eastwings palace, strolling in the palace to have some fresh airs. His eunuch Ko Thiha was just a few meters behind him, following him. Behind them were his ten royal servants, looking at the ground while walking. They were closely followed by six royal guards who were there to keep the Crown Prince safe. Amoung them was the armed young man Kongpob, he was the last in the queue. He had his attention on Arthit wherever the latter was going, never took his eyes from him. The bow holder containing ten bows was attached behind his back, his silver sword in the sword holder around his hips.

As they strolled around, they met some soldiers who exited the breakroom that was meant for the soldiers to relaxe during their break. The 3 soldiers immediately hold on in their track, staring to the ground as soon as they realized the Crown Prince approaching them. Arthit smiled at them while exchanging greetings with them. The soliders saw from the corner of their eyes to him, feeling happy about the future ruler noticing their presences. It was a honor for them that he even smiled to them. When the Crown Prince set forth on his journey, the 3 men continued their way too. As they passed beside Kongpob, his eyes met with one of the soldiers, he smelt something on them. It was the smell of various plants. Odd! They just came out of the room after relaxing during their break but why were they smelling of plants? Kongpob thought it was strange but he let them go for the time being.

His Highness was a few steps from the beautiful large garden. He froze on the spot, spoke without looking behind to his servant. „Don't follow me from here on!", again his serious voice commanded them.

„Pardon my rudeness your Highness but we can't let you alone. What if...", his eunuch said.

„Don't worry, Thiha. It's just around the corner", he said, turning back to him. His eyes wandered between the guards as if searching for someone special till they rested on the last man in the queue that was formed behind the maids. It was Kongpob. „Beside, I have capable, strong guards protecting me", his comment was surely directed at Kongpob.

The latter realized the Prince talked about him, he give him a little smile as reply. Only Ko Thiha could understand the little code Arthit sent him by looking at Chan Tha. It meant, if something happened to him, he should trust Ko Chan Tha. The Crown Prince continued his way, leaving his protectors behind. He finally arrived in the large garden that was covered with various kinds of flowers and plants. Many threes surrounded him, the fullmoon enlighten his path, shining on the colourness of the flowers, giving him a beautiful view.

Here was Arthit's place, his also called hideout. He came here whenever he felt anxious about something or lonely. The beautiful view the flowers gave him, would always soothe him from pain, giving him comfort that he wasn't alone in this world. This very place was capable of bringing him in an imaginary world, let him live there for a while. A fantasy world where he wasn't the Crown Prince but a normal man with decent parents, sisters and friends. But this garden didn't only take him to an imaginary world but it always remembered him about his birth mother too. Whenever he missed her, he would come here, talking with her about his sorrows. The reason? This garden was her place of death. She collapsed here after giving birth to him, losing her life due to birth complication.