Chapter 6

So this's the next chapter of this story, it continue with the part Arthit and Chan Tha met again but were seperating. Hope you'll like it

Sorry I made a mistake in the first chapter. Instead of writing year 1778 I wrote 1782... The second chapter beginning with 4 years later took place in the year 1782... Sorry for that

***************************************

His Highness was restless, he went from to and fro in his large chamber inside of the eastwings of the palace, thinking about how he could save Ko Chan Tha and Thura. He needed this two to stay alive so he had to come with a plan how to rescue them.

Ko Chan Tha being captured because he was spy, was a lie. Arthit knew the Emperor wanted to enprison him in the dungeon because of personal grudge. He hurted his only son, the Crown Prince, so he needed to be punished for his disrespectful behaviour. It was written in the law that no harm should come towards the imperial family but how should Chan Tha had known the man Ko Thet Shay was the Crown Prince? Since he never told him about him disguising himself as Thet Shay to participate in the tournament, he shouldn't be punished for something he wasn't even aware of.

Behind Arthit was the young eunuch, closely following him and trying to hold on to him just for a second. His name was Ko Thiha, like the great lion, but he wasn't anything like a lion. The king of the animals was strong, feared and respected by the nature but this eunuch was the opposite although he tried his best to live up to his name. His mother gave him this name, hoping he would serve this country, accomplish something big someday and made her pride of him but he wasn't living to her expectation. According to himself, it was for the best that his mother died early, only so could he prevent her from seeing his pathetic side and feeling embarassed about him.

„Your Highness, can you please stand still for a second? I need to apply the ointment to your wound", his finger pointed to the wooden bowl he held in his hand. It was the medicine the imperial physician brew for his bruised lips, the same spot Chan Tha hit him during their fight but he refused to use the medicine since he was busy searching for a way to save these two people.

„Here come's the Emperor and the Empress", the announcer in front of the Crown Prince chamber announced, letting them know about their visit so they could prepare for welcoming them properly.

The young eunuch panicked but quickly knelt down and bent down his head towards the ground. Arthit turned to the entrance, crossed his arms behind his back, looked on the ground too. His parents entered his chamber. The Emperor remained silent while his wife touched on their son's swollen lips.

She reached her hand to the young eunuch, „Give me the medicine", she ordered him.

However, the young eunuch didn't dare to give her the oinment because he was afraid to touch the mother of this country. It was said in the law: The mother of this nation and every concubines of the Emperor shouldn't be touched by anyone but only by the emperor. Anyone breaking this law would be sentenced to death. So the young eunuch was afraid, even a slight mistake from him could cost his already short life. Beside he just escaped the death sentence because of Arthit, his Highness's grace. He begged his father to let Thiha live, using the excuse he forced him to disguise as him and threatened him to accuse him of treason if he refused to listen to him. The part about him threatening him with accusing him with treason was a lie but he really forced him into his plan. Again, he cursed his duty as the eunuch of the young Crown Prince.

„I... I can do it, Empress", he stuttered, didn't dare to raise his head to look up in her face.

„Give it to me, I'll do it", she spoke with a soft voice to him. It was the first time she was gently to an eunuch, a lowly servant like him.