Chapter 23-Last Part

So we're finally at the end of this story :( The last part will show what happened in the palace after Kongpob left Arthit in Burma to search for the antidote... enjoy the last update :) Sorry for the many grammatical errors, I don't have time to read it after updating it (Will do it later)

The song's Promise by Jang Yoon Jung (Yi San OST-A song from my favourite historical drama to end the historical fanfic)

****************************

Arthit, still laying on the kingsize bed in his chamber, couldn't take the pain anymore. The arrow was still in his chest, making it hard for him to breath regularly. Kong just left him here a few minutes ago to go back to Siam and search for the antidote that was needed for his recorvery but his condition detoriated as soon as he left. His face turned paler than usual, his whole body was burning hot as if it was lit in hellfire, surely he had a high temperature due to the poison, he was sweating a lot too, his bed was covered in cold sweat. He clenched on the bedsheet, biting on his lips to endure the pain but it didn't help either. He felt like his entire body was burning, his limbs riping apart from each other, his blood boiling hot.

The old physician sat beside him on the bed, pressing many dressings on the wound to staunch the bleeding. His family surrounded him, hoping Kongpob wouldn't take too long to provide the antidote for him. His mother cried, burried her head in the Emperor's chest, trying to hide her crying face. The five princesses were there too, hugging each other while praying to Buddha to save their only brother. Even though Ko Thiha was on the verge of crying, he refused to cry, wanted to be at least stronger than the imperial family. Because he remembered Kongpob's words that crown prince Arthit hated it to be pitied, he wanted to save his tears for later. However Maprang was sniffing a lot, trying to hold back the tears that filled her already swollen eyes.

Ko Thiha carefully opened the prince's gown on the physician's demand to reveal the wound that went deep in his chest. The bleeding could be staunched thanks to the strong compressing dressings but the skin around the wound turned blue and green due to the poison. It seemed that the poison was already spreading closer to his heart. They needed to stop the poison from spreading further or else it could empoison his heart and stop it from beating.

The old doctor shook his head, couldn't believe the crown prince to be so lucky. Actually Lucky shouldn't the right word since he had to deal with assassinations since his birth but he should consider himself lucky that the arrow missed his heart and other vital organs. The physician carefully applied some herbal medicine on the wound to ease the pain. Kongpob already broke the tip of the arrow so he could carry Arthit on his arms on the horse but the rest was still stucked in his chest.

„I have to remove the arrow", the oldest man said, adverting everyone's attention on him.

„His Highness'll suffer if...", Thiha explained. He shook his head, „Wouldn't the poison spread faster if we remove it without giving him the antidote first?"

„I have to take it out so I can apply a good herbal on it to stop the poison from spreading further...", the older man explained, turning his head to face the Emperor, waiting for his further order first. „I'll just have to wait for the antidote then..."

„Can I trust that spy from Siam to bring back the antidote?", the Emperor asked.

Thiha went on his knees, bowing down respectfully to the ruler of his nation. He didn't dare to look up into his face without giving permission first. „Ko... Ko Kongpob may be a spy from Siam but he's very loyal to the crown prince...", he dared to look him up in the eyes, being honest while answering him. „He'll save his Highness", his voice was strong while speaking up for Kongpob, it didn't crack either while delivering the message he wanted to convey. Yeah, he trusted the betrayer Kongpob to save crown Prince Arthit. Why? Because Kongpob's feeling for the prince were sincere and genuine. He really loved Arthit.