Chapter 11

Sorry that it tok a while before I could update the next chapter. It's a boring chapter but boring chapters needed to be updated too :D I hope you enjoy this little update

************

On the same night as Chan Tha and Thura were released from the prison, Arthit felt the need to look outside the palace. Because his father restricted his freedom from today on, giving him the ultimatum to only leave the palace for political matters, he wanted to see the outside world for the last time. Saying goodbye to his freedom.

He took the way to the less guarded west wings of the palace, it was the place one of his loyal soldier, Ko Bright was sent to keep watch today. His eunuch Thiha was a few meters behind him, closely followed by eight maids who were holding paper laterns to enlighten the dark path for him. Ten royal guards were behind them, looking after his Highness to protect him from any harms. As soon as the Crown Prince approached the small bridge built over the little river, he hold on, feeling irritated from his companions behind him.

It was written in the law that the imperial family should never be alone, they should awalys be accompanied by their guards to guarante for their safety. The servants were there to serve for the royal family's need, like bringing them water or enlighten the road for them. However Arthit felt suffocated by this law, it didn't allow him any privacy he loved so much. He wanted to shake them off so he could hide somewhere, thinking about life he hated right now. He ordered his servants to not follow him from this point on.

„I apologize for being rude towards his Highness but we can't let you alone for a second", the general of the Crown Prince's guards answered him, didn't dare to look up to him.

His Highness climbed on the bridge, looking at the beautiful oasis that was surrounded by various kind of flowers in front of him. The fullmoon gave its light to the oasis, letting it shine under the dark night, the calm water was reflecting the many little stars in the sky. Some fishs swam in the water, jumping up and down. This view was beautiful, soothing too, it took his restless feelings away.

„Are you sure you want to disobey me?", this time Arthit didn't use his serious voice. He was tired, didn't had any strength left to shout at them after staying awake yesterday to fight the greatest bandits of Burma. Yesterday's raid, his disagreement with the ministers and later his dispute with the Emperor robbed him from his strength.

„The Emperor strictly forbad us to leave you alone for a second, His Highness", the general replied, explaining him the reason why he couldn't obey his command this time.

Although there wasn't a reason for him to smile, a little smile still appeared on Arthit's face. He didn't even feel like smiling but his life right now was too funny to not laugh about. He was the Crown Prince of this nation but his life wasn't his anymore but his father's. Once his father, the Emperor decided to control a person, he would use every methode to supress this person, even if the person was his own son. It didn't surprise him that he stricly forbad the guards to leave his side, not even for a second since he feared he would break his promise he made this morning with him. But why should he try to leave for the city while knowing Ko Chan Tha and Thura would meet their demise if he disobey him again? Today he learned his lesson he would never forget: Never oppose the Emperor because he had the upper hand over you!

„It's just for a break. I want to be alone for a moment then I'll come back", his soft voice spoke to them, sounding too exhausted as if he was tired of life. He didn't give up on life yet but on his freedom he loved so much. Even if he didn't use the word „please" in his sentence, his servants knew from the softness of his voice that he was begging them to leave him alone. A true ruler should never show weakness in front of his servants but Arthit didn't want to fight them in this lonely night. He was too tired to use a commanding voice but he hoped they would still listen to him, give him a moment for himself.