Chapter 23-Final Part 1

Hm, I'm sory that this chapter had to be the last chapter of the historical Sotus Story :( Just read it and let me surprise you in the next few days ;) This chapter has 3 parts ... Enjoy Part 1

The song is Goodbye by Lim Do Hyeok (Scarlet Heart: Ryo OST)

***************************

Burma's crown prince's shadow, Knott was strolling around on the empty, dark street near the imperial capital. Since he had today off because the prince was confined in his chamber, he took the chance to leave his spot as Arthit's shadow and enjoy the beautiful starry night. Even though Ko Knott didn't want to leave the prince's side, he was forced by the Emperor to leave his son's side since the ruler didn't want anyone beside his son right now. According to the Emperor, he wanted to punish his son by taking every person dear to him away from him. This time it seemed that the only heir to the throne really disappointed the Emperor.

Even though Knot was allowed to enjoy his free time outside, he never dared to get far away because he feared an assassin could use the opportunity to try to assinate the prince. Because he didn't have any family either, he always remained near Arthit, the only person he looked up to as his family, his master and his everything. But today was odd. There was dark cloud covering the sky, a strange feeling reeking in the air.

The shadow walked fowards, his hand close to the sword around his waist in the sword holder since he felt someone following him. There was a bending road in front of him. As he bent up in the corner, he quickly leaned on the wall, his hand clenching onto the hilt of the sword. He waited, his breath shallow from the adrenaline shooting through his veins. A fresh breeze flew over him, letting chill running down his spine. The wind calmed down after a brief moment but there was a frightening sound echoing in the air, disturbing the peaceful night. It sounded like someone stamping on the ground, coming closer to him. Knott's heartbeat accelerated the louder the sound got. He waited for the person to appear in front of him so he could strike but nothing happened after a while. No sound anymore, no strange feeling in the atmosphere, no scary feeling surrounding him.

Strange! Did I just imagine it? His instinct never disappointed him before. He was sure that someone followed him with an evil intention but now the person didn't appear till now. After making sure that the road was safe, he came out of his hideout, revealing himself to the broad street. As soon as he stepped out, there was a sound of a sword drawing out of the holder, the light metal swinging in the air, clashing against something, ripping flesh, cutting through a man's body. Suddenly everything fell silent after the disturbing sound. Knott eyes looked down to his chest, there was a long cut from his shoulder down to his stomach, blood gushing out as if a butcher did his work, cutting through the animal he wanted to get rid of.

Blood dripped out of the shadow's mouth, he slowly fell backwards, landing hard on the ground. His eyes blinked many times, he almost fell unconscious but he forced himself to stay awake, looking at the assassin's face who tried to kill him in this night. His vision blurred, the person attacking him bending down to him, mustering him closely to see if he did his work very well. The man wore complete black, there was a black mask covering his mouth to hide his identity.

„With him getting rid of, we can now take care of the crown prince", the assassin said.

Even though he was slowly drifting off, he managed to hear the assassin's statement. The words sounded too faint as if the voice was too far away from him. His eyes dilatated when he finally realized their fiend's intention: They wanted him dead to approach the crown prince. Meaning they were trying to assassinate crown prince's Arthit again. Knott tried to lift up his hands but they couldn't move, only his fingers moved a little bit. His breath turned shallow, the light of life slowly drifting away from him.