Chapter 17

The next update... Enjoy the chapter ;) 

***********************

Arthit waited in front of the Emperor, kneeling on the ground. The reason he seeked for his audience was to ask him to allow him to leave the palace for a few hours so he could spend some time with his eldest sister Youn before the latter departed for her home in Philippines. Youn forced him to ask for permission since she wanted to have fun with him outside in the market, now here he was pleading his father while putting Kongpob's and Maprang's life in danger.

The Emperor was sitting on his chair in his study room, reading some important documents before sealing them with the Emperor's seal. He clearly heard his son but ignored him, paying more attention to his duty. Arthit had to be patient, obey his father if he wanted him to give him his permission.

„Please, your Emperor... I promise I'll be brave and not cause any trouble for the royal family", was his promise.

Only now did his father look up to him, mustering him from head to toes. „Did you forget about our agreement? You promised me to never leave the palace for fun as long as I spared those two". The Emperor made a serious expression, gritting his teeth, „You can only leave for outside if I sent you on a mission!"

„I didn't forget our agreement... It's just eldest sister..."

He interrupted him, „I don't care for the reason. You're the crown prince and need to stay put in the palace instead of shaming our royal name by playing outside like a commoner."

„I'm..."

His father didn't let him finish his sentence again, „I said everything I need to say. Leave for your chamber before I change my mind about keeping those two alive!"

Arthit gave up, finally accepting the fact that he had no power against the Emperor, his own father. He didn't want to endanger Kongpob and Maprang anymore so this time he listened to his father, bowing down his head to him then dismissing himself. As he arrived outside, he looked above in the starry sky, heaved a sigh before returning with his servants back in the crown prince's palace. Kongpob was among the guards, feeling pity towards the young but brave highness.

****

There was a tension laying in the atmosphere, the Emperor was in uproar because of his two children who visited him in the middle of the night. Youn and Arthit! Both of them were in front of him. She crossed her arms, waiting for their father's decision. The Emperor walked from to and fro in his big chamber, couldn't believe his own daughter gave him an ultimatum. The reason why they gathered in the Emperor's chamber? Youn wanted to leave the palace with Arthit but couldn't since the latter was confined to never leave the palace for Chan Tha's and Maprang's sake. When she heard that he refused to allow him to leave and sent him away, she seeked for an audience with her father, asked for his permission to leave the palace with her younger brother. When the Emperor refused to grant her the wish, she gave him the ultimatum: She was pregnant, expecting her first child everyone eagerly waited for. If he wanted to ever see his grandchild in his life, he have to allow them to have some fun in the outside world.

The Emperor was indecisive, on the one hand he wanted to see his grandchild as soon as it was born. But on the other hand, he didn't want to give his son too much freedom since the latter would abuse it by not listening to him again. He sighed, made a sad expression while nodding his head as permission granted but told her to make sure that Arthit wouldn't cause any trouble. They jumped in happiness, quickly left their father's palace to run back to their own palace to change their cloths.

Meanwhile Kongpob, Ko Thiha and Maprang waited in the crown prince's chamber. As Arthit entered the room, grining like a child who was allowed to play with his most favourite toy, they just knew the Emperor permited them to have some fun outside. Maprang left for the maids's room to change into a casual clothes. The eunuch wanted to help Arthit in his casual clothes that was made for outside but the latter declined him, wanted to be alone with Kongpob. He searched for a dark noble's clothes, gave it to him then took a darkblue cloths for himself. They turned away, their back facing each other while they undressed and changed into the new clothes.