Chapter 22

Here is chapter 22, enjoy it :)

The song ist That man sung by Hyun Bin *.* (Secret Garden OST)

************************************

Kongpob and Arthit were still indulged in their own universe, smiling and laughing at the adventure the taller man had on the way to buy the Klepon for the shorter man. Ko Thiha was waiting behind them at the entrance, smiling at the warm atmosphere around the prince and his guard, the sweet way they treated each other brought a calm atmosphere in the cold night.

The Emperor's physician entered the garden, remained behind the eunuch. Instead of calling to him, the pyhsician touched Ko Thiha on the shoulder so he wouldn't attract the prince's attention. Thiha turned behind only to find the older man standing behind him. He left with the older man, leaving his Highness's side. To avoid being eavesdropped, they went far away from the servants who waited in front of the garden. They discussed about the note the dead prince's physician left. Apparantly he did some experiment on his Highness by brewing unknown western medicine in the medicine he had to drink every morning to stay healthy. It was stated that the medicine should bring wonder: Help men to get pregnant. Out of curiosity he did the experiment on the crown prince since the latter was his target from the beginning. But he died without knowing whether his experiment succeeded or not. Thiha clenched his hands in rage, couldn't believe the quiet physician he respected so much for his acknowlegdes, was so evil that he even used the prince's body as guinea pig. Thiha already suspected a pregnancy but there was the proof he wanted to have to confirm his assumption. Now his Highness was really pregnant. The father of the yet unborn baby was no one less than a man without any status, Ko Chan Tha.

It finally dawned in the younger man's mind. His Highness was carrying the next heir to the throne in his womb! If the higher officials found out about the news, they wouldn't just wish to dethrone him but assassinate him too to prevent his child to take the throne later. Damn it! Chan Tha's at fault for everything. What should I do? My poor prince won't survive this.

Thiha's hands were trembling. He was speechless from the news he didn't expect nor could he be happy about it. To bear a heir for the throne is a joyful occasion for every royal family but not if the one bearing the child could lose his life while wanting to keep and protect his child. The physician felt helpless for the first time too, his experience of many years didn't help him either to come up with an useful plan to protect the crown prince. Something like a male being pregnant never occured during his work before so he was overchallenged with the situation too.

While they were busy thinking about a plan, the Emperor, Arthit's father approached the garden. His servants were closely behind him. There was another young man beside the ruler of the nation. It was his nephew Jay he loved so much as if he was his own eldest son. Thiha was so busy that he forgot to watch for the entrance as Arthit asked him to so nobody would caught Kongpob and him enjoying their togetherness. As the eunuch looked aside, he gasped in shock when he found the Emperor coming closer to the beautiful garden. Maprang who suspected that Chan Tha and his Highness were maybe kissing, trembled in anxiety. She sweated, fearing the possible uproar that would occur soon if the Emperor discovered his only son with another man. Thiha ran to hinder the Emperor from entering the garden but Jay, the wicked man he was, rushed his uncle to come with him in the garden so they could speak alone.

Unfortunately the young eunuch was too late, the Emperor and Jay already stepped in the garden. Before Jay set his foot on the beautiful garden, he threw a smile at Thiha, showing him that the latter wouldn't hold them back anymore. Don't tell me... Thiha finally realized that the prince Jay brought the Emperor here on purpose. Because he knew about Chan Tha's and his Highness's relationship. But how?