Chapter 7

So this is chapter 7 of this historical story :) Hope you'll like it and enjoy while reading it ;)

***************************

The darkness covered the sky, it was already midnight. Most of the servants were already asleep. Arthit quickly wore the long robe of his eunuch, threw his white night gown to Ko Thiha, hurrying him up to dress up quickly before the soldiers notice his intention. The latter reluctantly dressed up the night gown, asking himself why he was doing it again. Listen to the Crown Prince again. It seemed he didn't learn his lesson from his near death experience from one day ago when he disguised himself as his Highness. If they found out about him playing the Crown Prince again, he won't have any mercy but would get killed immediately.

Tears filled his eyes, he was sobbing while dressing up. Arthit noticed he was nervous, he chuckled from his cowardness.

„Don't worry. I'll be back before they could notice anything."

„I'm sure the plan'll fail anyway, I can feel it. You won't succed with your intention and tomorrow my head'll be cut in the market like I was some kind of fish. With my punishment they would teach the other eunuch a lesson. They'll dispose of my body as if I was nothing more than a cockroach", he was sobbing, „Just for your Highness to remember, I even hate cockroach more than anything ...", he mumbled, didn't even know what he was talking about. His conscience took over him, „Why won't you kill me right now?"

„Stop being such a coward."

Ko Thiha wanted to call off the plan but shut his mouth when his Highness was looking at him with his puppy eyes, sulking like a little child seeking for his mother's forgiveness. Damn it! Whenever the Crown Prince looked at him like that, he couldn't refuse him at all. Why was his master so mean to him?

Arthit pushed him towards the big bed, quickly covered him with the blanket. He cleared his throat to speak clearlier when the soldier approached them.

„His Highness wants to see the guard", Ko Thiha raised his voice. He was playing the Crown Prince but needed to use his voice as the eunuch or else the guard would notice them switching if Arthit spoke the eunuch's part. Because most of the guard could already tell their voices apart.

„I'm coming in, your Highness", a guard shouted, came in to know the reason for him seeking his audience. He wasn't allowed to approach his Highness so he needed to stay back on the entrance. It was the first time the law of the royal family helped Arthit in a desperate situation.

Meanwhile Arthit bent over, speaking while standing close to Thiha so the soldier would believe his Highness was the one laying on his bed and speaking to him. „I'm not feeling well and need something to calm down my stomach."

Because he was confined, he wasn't allowed to leave his chamber for two whole weeks. Even Ko Thiha had restriction to outside since his master was permitted to set foot outside. He was asked to state every reason why he needed to leave his Highness's side. The guard wanted to verify if the latter was inded feeling unwell but he was in conflict with himself. According to the law, he shouldn't come closer to his Highness but he should be careful too to not let Arthit escape his confinement.

„Do...", Thiha almost forgot and spoke the part of the Crown Prince.

Arthit reacted quick and pinched him on the face to shut him up, cursing him for almost revealing their plan. „Do you want to see it for yourself?", the shorter man asked him, as if he was threatening him.

„No, you can go", he allowed them.

Arthit felt happy for finally leaving the confinement but he needed to restrain himself or else he himself would reveal their disguise. He stepped back while looking aside to avoid the man seeing his face. As he arrived in the middle of the chamber, he quickly turned around while staring on the ground, hiding his face from the soldier. The man, an idiot he was, wasn't even suspicious about them and let Arthit, disguised as the eunuch, leave for outside.