Chapter 12

So this is chapter 12 of the historical story. Enjoy it :)

******************

The confinement of the Crown Prince was finally lifted and from today on, he was allowed to leave his chamber again. But since this morning he didn't even set foot outside because of his new royal guard Kongpob and his new maid Thura. He waited for them in the Crown Prince's east wings, feeling restless while walking from to and fro in his chamber, the tension almost killing him.

As he couldn't wait anymore, he wanted to leave for outside to search for them but Kongpob suddenly entered the room, almost bumping into his Highness. They were standing close to each other, the shorter man widened his eyes as he noticed there were only a few inches apart Kongpobs's lips and his lips. When Arthit realized Ko Thiha's schoked expression, he blinked his eyes many times, stuttered before stepping back to leave some space between them.

Meanwhile the taller man remained in front of him, crossing his arms around his back to show him his respect. His Highness mustered him from head to toes, feeling lost for words for the first time in his entire life. Kongpob wore a darkblue-colored royal guard's uniform, the black sword holder around his hips. Surely he stood out the most out of his imperial guards who were working for him for a longer time now. Not only did he look more handsome but his pale skin and the dark colour of the uniform were a contrast to each other, it matched perfectly. Arthit's eyes shone, reflecting the amazement he was feeling for him right now, it was even obvious to his guards who were keeping watch outside his chamber.

Kongpob would never admit it but he liked the look in the Crown prince's eyes, was secretely enjoying it but made an expressionless face as if he wasn't enjoying this moment, hiding the joy he was feeling while looking in his Highness. The eunuch Thiha shook Arthit his head, showing him to make a serious face again or else rumors would fly soon in the entire palace that the Crown Prince was fond on his new imperial soldier. Like it was said in the law, the royal family shouldn't show any emotion but right now, he was showing too much emotions as if he was an open book anyone could decipher. Beside, admiring Kongpob in front of the other soldiers, would bring disadvantage for the taller man since he would face jealousy, also hate from his colleagues if they knew he was prefered by the sweet Highness more than them. His Highness coughed quietly, using the chance to change his expression from adoration to seriousness.

Thura approached them too but as soon as the soldiers recognized her, they were surprised from her sudden transformation. Instead of her shabby manly clothes, she wore the maid uniform, a long purple-coloured rob, her short hairs were straightned and combed aside. Now she looked like a young woman, beautiful but still brave. There was a kind and innocent aura surrounding her. Appreciation reflected in the soldiers eyes as soon as she passed before them to stand next to Kongpob. She wanted to bow down to the Crown Prince, showing him her respect but Arthit refused to accept a bow from her. It was against the law but he let her stand in front of him, looking up at him as if they were equally.

Arthit smiled at her, feeling satisfied but also surprised about her sudden transformation. He wouldn't recognize her again if they didn't tell him that she was Thura. „She's beautiful but don't look too much at her or you'll regret it being an eunuch", he said to his eunuch who was astonished about her beauty.

The not so brave Thura feared for his life, begging his Highness to not tease him like that or everyone would take it wrong and suggest he was really in love with her. An eunuch being in love was an abomination that was punished with death. He didn't want to die yet because he had many plans he made for the future. He wanted to stay alive, accompany his Highness till to his conoration as the Emperor. It was his biggest wish.