Chapter 21

Here is the new chapter of this story ;) Enjoy the surprise I left for you in this update. This is only part 1, Part 2 will come next week :)

The song's Reason, Secret Garden's OST

**********************************

There was a small shack hidden in the deepest dark forest of Burma, the living room was filled with tension in the atmosphere, corruption laying in the air too. There were five elder men gathered around the round table, the candles hanging on the wall were the only source that provided dim light for them. Since they didn't want to be recognized in the case a spy was among them or among their guards who waited outside for them with their carriage, they didn't provide for a better light condition. The reason why they had this emergency meeting in their hideout today was to find a way how to assassinate crown prince Arthit who was a thorn in their eyes. Because they feared their futures and precious wealth, they have to get rid of him before he could ascend to the throne or else he would be a challenge for them. Silence took over in the room, none of the five men had the slightest plan how to assassinate the crown prince without the Emperor suspecting them.

The silence between them was killing the eldest man, maybe he was even the most powerful of them since everyone looked at each other in fear as he angrily hit on the table with his fist. He had enough of their clueless brain, „We have to get rid of the crown prince as soon as possible or we'll have a problem if he ascend to the throne", he said through gritted teeth, it sounded like he was threatening them to find an idea as soon as possible.

„Before we can assassinate the crown prince, we have to dispose of his dog first", another person suddenly said, waiting outside of the door he just opened without them even knowing about it.

Everyone adverted their attention to the perosn, they stood abruptly up then turned their face aside to avoid him recognizing their faces. The person entered the room, the light falling on him. It was a young man who wasn't unkown to them. He was one of the royal family, the Emperor's nephew. Arthit's cousin.

„His Highness Jay...", the eldest man called him. He was surprised that Jay found out their hideout for emergency room but as the man came alone without any soldiers to arrest them for corruption, he imagined that he had an ulterior motive too. Maybe it was the same intention they had?

Jay, the Emperor's nephew looked around, realizing the five men to be the premier minister, minister of the right, minister of the left, the general and the commander of the army. Just like the young man expected, none of the big names was an ally to the current imperial family. It was to his advantage that the higher officials wanted to get rid of the current reigning family. He stepped forward, walking around them, showing them that he had a higher title than any of them who gathered here. Whenever he passed beside a minister, the person would turn aside to hide his identity as if he already didn't knew who they were.

„Here's your hideout also", Jay said, not impressed about the place since he thought it would be more creepier like in books. This place just seemed blank, nothing interesting about it.

„How... How did you find us?", the minister of Left asked while stuttering, afraid about the young prince revealing their secret reunion to the Emperor.

„I followed you", the answer was directed at the dumbfounded minister of the Left. „You have to be grateful toward me for killing the spy who tailed you too", he turned to the person he was speaking to, „The man I got rid of on my way, was one of the Emperor's man he sent to spy on you."

The four remaining men stared at the man who wasn't careful enough on his way here. The premier minister shook his head, couldn't believe the minister of left was so stupid that he didn't notice someone tailing him.