Model In Training

After the unfortunate events from the Ivy mixer, Blair called me screaming with delight. Apparently, Serena and she worked out their differences about being abandoned at time of need and now they're back to being best friends. I'm happy for them but I worry that if they have another falling out that things could escalate and a worse outcome could come from it.

Outing Serena as a drug addict in front of Ivy representatives was low especially after finding out from both Serena and Blair that Erik is the one who was admitted into the Ostroff Center. He felt so low in life that he tried to commit suicide. It broke my heart hearing this from Serena. I out of any of our friends understand death. Chuck and I's mother died shortly after giving birth to the both of us. Our father doesn't speak of her because of the pain he feels towards losing her and Chuck fully believe he blames us for her death. Our father is a cold man but he's not cold enough to seriously blame his own children for the death of his wife. The death of our mother is a topic that has rarely been spoken about and I doubt we ever will.

The dreaded Lost weekend has arrived and I have been informed by Chuck that I'm to not show my face around. I wouldn't be caught dead at my brother's weekend long party. It's all booze, women and more booze. Chuck has been speaking about this ever since her first heard about it from a bunch of seniors our freshman year.

____________________________________
Arthur pulled up to the Waldorf's and helped me take my bags out of the car. As I was heading up the steps I ran into none other than Serena.

"E, funny running into you here. Do you and Blair have plans?" Serena asks while taking one of my bags as we walked towards the elevator.

"It's good to see you S. Yeah B and I have our sleepover during Chuck's Lost weekend." Serena nodded

"Wow, I've been gone for a year and totally forgot how much a douche your brother is." I laughed since only Blair and Serena know how Chuck can be. If anyone else called him a douche I would lose it, but they are the few besides Nate and me who can attest to who he truly is.

The elevator opens and Eleanor Waldorf is standing in her living room studying some of her latest designs on a rolling rack. She smiles brightly never breaking concentration when she sees us.

"Serena and Ella! It's so good to see you girls. Please, I need the both of your thoughts on my designs." I place my bags down at the front of the staircase and follow Eleanor towards her clothes.

Blair hadn't woken up yet so Eleanor asked Dorota to bring us some breakfast as we discuss more how our summer was and her designs. I was enjoying the yogurt parfait when Blair descended from the stairs.

"Hey! You're standing." Serena greets Blair and takes another bite of her croissant.

"We had something planned?" Blair asked looking to me for help/ I had none to give her.

"Honey, it's rude to interrupt. I just said to Serena and Ella that Bendel is interested in the shelving of my line." Eleanor beams with joy

"Really? It's great! Why didn't you say anything?"

"I returned to Paris early to put together my lookbook and if they like what they see, it could be the beginning of a complete collection lifestyle."

"Because more people should be like you mom." Blair reaches for a croissant

"Before you tuck into that. You find the low-fat yogurt more appealing." I guess I missed out on a mother who cares so much about how you look that you must keep your size two no matter the cost. Serena and I stop eating our pastries and walk over to Eleanor's clothes to take the attention off Blair.