White Party

Here's another chapter, enjoy.

The White Party is the biggest who's who of The Hamptons. Basically, if you want to make connections or make a name for yourself attending one of these parties will change your life. I decided to drive Chuck and me mostly to get more details about what's going on with him and Blair.

"So, you believe she's using James to make you jealous?" I ask at a stoplight.

"Blair and I have always loved playing games and right now I'm the cat chasing the mouse."

"So, tell me again why didn't you go with her this summer?" I look at my brother who stiffened at the mention of what caused all his problems with Blair.

"Right before I was about meet Blair I was saying goodbye to dad and he said some things to me."

"He made you feel like perusing a relationship with Blair was this big commitment and you need you're on your way to becoming a man." I wait in line for valet.

"Even when you're not there you still know everything." Chuck turns to me and smiles. "Do you think she will take me back?"

I lean back on my head rest. "Blair is someone who will never admit her faults and I believe deep down she still has feelings for you. I think it will take time for you to get back in her good graces."

"I had the PI do a background check on James." Wow, he pretty much ignored my whole point.

"Why are you doing a background check on James? Is this about the whole where he's enrolled in school."

"Sis, you know better than I that when someone lies right when they meet you that they're hiding a bigger secret. Blair shouldn't get into a relationship without knowing who she's sharing tea with." Chuck and I went our separate ways and I was left to mingle with the elite on my own. There was only one saving grace when I saw Eric and Jenny. Apparently, Jenny needs to impress her boss at her internship with Eleanor. The rest of the party was a bust except for the surprise that James was Marcus and he's a lord. I guess Blair is finding her dream life.

__________________________________The ride back to the city was tense and heartbreaking to see Chuck so hurt

The ride back to the city was tense and heartbreaking to see Chuck so hurt. The thing about Bass men they have a hard time admitting their feelings besides an obvious attraction for someone. Now he's changed his game plan and is trying to befriend Marcus in hopes Blair can't deny her feelings for him. I don't see this ending well for anyone. Nate also joined us for a ride back to the city.

"No offense, but don't you think you're a little outmatched?"

"At squash?" Wow, he so didn't get the question or he's avoiding it. "I've been playing my father since the eighth grade. How good can Marcus be?"

"He means as a guy that wants to win Blair's heart." I state.

"Exactly what Elle said. Blair wants to be a princess, and your greatest achievement is owning a part of a burlesque club." When Nate puts it that way it does make Chuck seem like the pauper in this situation.