Another Brunch

Ed Westwick is seriously a gift from god!!! Love him.

I've never trusted uncle Jack, especially when he thinks he's doing someone a favor. When Chuck finally took his place in the company seriously Jack took it upon himself to throw Chuck and I a congratulatory brunch. I was guarded about the whole thing and when Chuck told me Jack wanted to take him out for dinner I was furious. I tried warning Chuck that Jack doesn't have our best interest at heart. Chuck told me as a family we need to stay together and that means trusting each other. If Chuck won't watch out for Jack, I'll do anything to keep my brother safe.

__________________________________
The day of the brunch was also the first time I was going to most likely run into Serena. I downed a glass of champagne hoping to ease my worries about seeing people I don't deem as good company. I've had my outs with Serena before but right now it's so personal. I can't deal with how she thought so low of my father but her mother was no different. I couldn't handle the fact that she also acted like she lost something or was going through a hard time when Bart died. She never liked him or respected him for everything he's done for her, more than he's done for Chuck and me and she wasn't even grateful for it. Seeing her is going to be a challenge, but I need to get it over with.

I walked into the brunch to be swarmed by Blair's minions.

"OMG Elle, it's so awesome

"OMG Elle, it's so awesome. We're friends with one of the youngest billionaires in the world!" Penelope gushes.

"Yeah and an orphan." I add with a dry laugh which causes them to awkwardly smile.

"So, what are you like the CEO now? With Chuck, of course?" Hazel asks.

"Why such the sudden interest in my life girls? Weren't you the ones who also talked down about how my family made their money?" They all stood there speechless. I grab another glass of champagne.

"Enjoy the brunch." I take a swig and decide to face my worries of speaking with Serena.

"Who are those people?" I look over to see Serena is eying the board of the company. They're laughing their asses off and enjoying the food. I have to play nice with them so they don't try and kick Chuck and me out of our share.

"Members of the board of Bass Industries." I speak up which startles Blair and Serena. I grab a strawberry and take a bite. Serena is speechless and doesn't know whether to greet me or just stare at me in awe.
"Jack wanted Chuck and me to get to know them more."

"E, what are you doing here?" Blair adds after swatting a croissant out of Is' hand.

"It's a brunch celebrating me and Chuck. Why wouldn't I be here?"

"Of course, E you should be celebrated just as much, but we had this whole thing planned where..."

"E, I know we weren't on the best terms last time we..."