Business Deal

Here's another chapter

Chuck has finally decided to take his interest in women and booze and turn it into a profitable business. He has come up with a business proposal for our father that will finally show him that Chuck is more than a party boy, he's turning into a mini Bart. Rather he likes it or not. Chuck called Blair to come check out the place with us so we can get her opinion on before presenting the idea to our father. Chuck desperately needs our father's approval for this or will crush him. He's worked so hard on researching the clientele and meeting with people and discussing numbers. He really sees and believes this place will do wonders for Bass Industries. I believe in anything Chuck believes in.

Blair was worried when she pulled up to Victrola but slowly she warmed up to the idea of a Burlesque club.

"You two want your dad to invest in a strip join? How midtown." Blair states while her judgy eyes look around.

"A burlesque club. A respectable place where people can be transported to another time, where they can feel free to let loose. No judgment, pure escape. What happens at Victrola stays at Victrola." Chuck practices his sells pitch to Blair hoping she would buy it.

Blair turned to me "And you're okay with this deal?"

I stretch my arms out wide "I've done my research of burlesque clubs just like Chuck has and it's a booming business. One that is respectable enough for Bass Industries to take a part of and not lose its reputation. Because what's not good about making more money?" Chuck joins me squeezes my hand and smile at each other. There is no way our dad could say no, Chuck has worked so hard for this for it to just go down the drain.

"Well, it does have franchise potential. Chuck Bass, I do believe all your years of underage boozing and womanizing have finally paid off. Truly, I am proud." Blair exclaims which makes Chuck and me happy.

"And you are my toughest critic, well, second toughest, Chuck shares a hopeful yet worried look with me.

"So, do you two think your father will go for it?"

Chuck pulls out a newspaper that has Bart's face on it describing his business success.

"It is exactly the kind of innovative thinking upon which the Bass Empire was built. It is the perfect thing, I've been waiting for this."

Chuck and I thank Blair again for coming. I head to school with Blair while Chuck heads to our father's office to pitch the idea to him. I reassured him that everything will be okay. If he pitches the idea just like he's practiced there is no way Bart could say no.

__________________________________

"So, I heard on Gossip Girl that you were having sex with Dan out here

"So, I heard on Gossip Girl that you were having sex with Dan out here. In streaming video." Blair states as we all three share her box of chocolates.