The Brady Bunch

Drama!!! That's al I can say. Enjoy.

I headed back to the Palace early to get ready for the wedding food tasting. Bart is serious about us becoming one happy family. As I'm getting ready Chuck barges into my room and takes a seat on my freshly made bed.

"What do I owe the pleasure, brother?" I fix the curls in my hair looking over my shoulder at Chuck who has the most genuine smile I've ever seen.

"This morning father informed me that I am his best man." I place my curling iron down and rush to my brother for a hug.

"Chuck, that is amazing. Wow, so now you have to make a speech." I take a seat next to him. Out of anyone I fully understand how wonderful it is to have Bart finally recognize you as more than just a burden. Bart is finally seeing the growth in Chuck and how much it means to him to have the opportunity to be the best man in the wedding. He could have chosen anyone or no one, but he feels so strongly for Chuck not only as his son but as a person to stand next to him on such a special day.

"Finally, father has given us the attention and love we've always deserved."

"Chuck, Bart has always had a place in his heart for us, he just had a strange way of showing it."

"I first thought him wanting to marry Lily would be the worst thing for us, but I think it's making him a better person and for that I'm grateful. We'll finally have the family we've always wanted." I look Chuck in the eyes and hold on tight to his hands.

"Chuck, the only family I've and will ever need is you as a brother."

__________________________________
Even with Chuck and I taking extra time to have a rare sibling bonding moment we were still early to the food tasting. Serena was nowhere to be seen, but I knew exactly what she was up to when Lily said Dan was over. I offered to grab them for dinner, but Chuck insisted he would be the one to do it. I know Serena is going to get her feathers ruffled.

If anything is certain the food for the wedding will be amazing. I am in a food coma after the 5th plate of exquisite food.

"I have to say I prefer the chestnut pappardelle."

"Yeah, the foie gras is a bit rich."

"You know, I'm uh, slanting heavily towards the venison fellow." Dan tries to pronounce the dish but misses the mark by just a hair. As I gorge myself with the venison Serena is delivered a package while I'm presented with a beautiful orchid plant.

"Who's the flowers from Ella?" Bart asks setting down his plate. I turn over the card attached to it to see that Carter sent them apologizing for being away for so long.

"They're from Carter. He's coming back to the city next week and already has dinner planned out." I announce.

"That's wonderful. You can let Carter know he is welcomed at the wedding." Bart squeezes my hand.

"Thank you, dad, I will let him know." Serena's begins to open her package. Placing it on the table for better support than her lap.

"Oh, don't put your dirty package on the table." Lily warns but it was too late. Damage was done.

"If I had a dime for every time I heard that."