Dan Sees New York

Hope you enjoy this new chapter. I have so much planned for Ella and everyone. Thank for everyone who's enjoyed Ella as much as I have.

Jenny blocked all my calls and avoided me like a plague at school. I'm deeply worried about how Jenny is handling her new-found success. Crashing Bart and Lily's event was crossing the line for me. Lily may have no issue with it, but I do. I thought at one point Jenny and I was somewhat friends until she got powered hungry and turned on Blair. Jenny doesn't know who she is or what she wants to be. She jumps at the first chance she gets without thinking it all through. One day she won't be able to talk her way out of the mess she makes.

"Come on Humphrey we don't have all day!" For someone who has lived in New York all their life, he walks so damn slow. He needs to soccer mom it and keep up.

"Hey, it's not my fault. You walk extremely fast!" Dan huffs and puffs as he finally catches up with me.

"You're the one who wanted to see this movie! Now hurry up, I don't want to miss it."  Dan and I finally make it to the theater and still have enough time to get snacks.

"I will take a medium vanilla coke, chocolate almonds, and a large popcorn." Dan won't stop staring at me.

"Dan, we've talked about this. Your staring is weird and unneeded."

"Sorry I was just thinking about something and... Um, it doesn't matter." Dan helps me with the snacks and we head in to see one of my favorites Pretty Women. I love Julia Roberts in this role.

"I'm so glad we were able to hang out. It's been forever since our last visit to the New York library."

"That was a fun time. I didn't know there was this whole section of books no one knew about." Dan recalls our first time hanging out.

__________________________________
A week after visiting Yale

Dan couldn't stop talking about how amazing Yale was and won't stop thanking me for getting one of the professors to read his paper. He kept buzzing my phone and one thing lead to another I've found myself laughing at things Dan would type. From what I know of Dan I knew if he ever wanted to be a great writer he needs to experience the world. I told him to clear his day and be ready in ten. I had Arthur drive me to Brooklyn to the Humphrey residence. I spotted Dan easily waiting for me outside his home.

"Humphrey! Looking well, very Brooklyn." Dan raises his brow at me and heads to the car. Arthur opens the door for him and he slides in.

"Good to see you too Bass." Dan keeps looking around the limo.

"First time in a limo?" I ask trying to hide my laugh at Dan's childlike manner.

"Actually no, but it is the first time I've been sober in one."

"Well, enjoy it because you're in for a day of your life." I had Arthur drop us off at the back of the building and lead Dan out of the limo.

"Okay, you never said where we're going. Will you tell me now?" Dan looks around trying to guess where I've taken him, but he'll never guess. I lead him to the back door and knock.

My friend Freddie pokes his head out and beams with happiness seeing me.

"Elle! It's so good to see you!" We hug.

"Freddie, this is my friend Dan I told you about."

"The one from Brooklyn."

"Hey! Why does everyone speak of Brooklyn likes it's a horrible place?"