What A Mother

Here's a second update in what a few hours. Please enjoy.

"The rules for a model the day of a photo shoot are similar to those of a patient pre-surgery. No food or drink 12 hours prior, wear comfortable clothing and make sure your affairs are in order. You never know what could go wrong in a flash."

Blair and I woke up early for the day of her photo shoot. She could hardly contain her excitement. I kept telling her that she will do amazing and look beautiful. Blair headed down to greet her mother. I was finishing reading a text that brought me joy when I noticed Blair standing at the end of the stairs with a glum look on her face.

"B what's wrong? Did your mom already leave for the shoot?" I place my phone back in my pocket.

Blair casually wipes always a tear from her cheek "My mother informed me that the photographer felt that the brand needed to go in a different direction. But lucky me it means I don't have to model." She tries to play it off like she's fine with the decision, but I can tell she is heartbroken. I don't have the heart to tell her that a photographer doesn't have the say in who is cast as the model but ultimately Eleanor decides what fits or doesn't.

"I promise E, I'm fine. Let's call Serena to let her know about the change of plans." Blair calls S on her phone

"He, S. All right I hope you're not already there because as it turns out, my modeling career's over faster than Jessica Simpson's acting one." Blair looks at one of the model's headshots and holds it up for me to see. I didn't know where she's going with this.

"Now that I think about it, maybe we should crash the shoot anyway. And see who they replace me with, make fun of the skinny bitch?" I motion with my hands to say to Blair that is not a good idea. She doesn't listen and calls for Dorota to call for a cab because we are heading to the shoot.

____________________________________
Blair and I make it to the shoot just in time to see Serena posing for the photographer in Eleanor's clothes. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I normally never take a side but for Serena to model in place of Blair is just wrong. I will giver her the benefit of the doubt to hear her side, but nothing will justify stabbing Blair in the back like this.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Blair is furious

Serena looks happy to see us but our faces are far from happy to see her.

"Oh, there she is! Blair! Come on." Serena motions for B to come join her but B doesn't move.

"Come on, quick. What took you so long?" Blair grabs my hand and we head back towards where we came from I don't blame B for not wanting to talk to Serena. Serena knows that messing with Blair and Eleanor is an off-topic thing. They already have a strained relationship they don't need Serena making it worse.

We can hear Serena running after us calling our names.

"Blair, Ella, Blair. Wait, where are you two going?" We continue to walk down the steps until Serena catches up and grabs onto B's arm.

"Blair, Ella wait. Why are you two so mad?" Serena looks to the both of us for an explanation. I let Blair explain.

"Why am I mad? You mean why aren't I furious?! I can't believe for one second I thought it'd be different this time!" Blair shouts causing ringing in my ear to appear.

"You thought what would be different?" Serena asked truly confused.

"You couldn't deal with the spotlight being on me for once."

"What are you talking about? I was told we were doing this together. What, did you not get my message?" Serena tries to defend herself.

"What about this morning then? When you glanced at the call sheet, did you see my name in it? When I wasn't in hair and makeup didn't that seem strange? When the dressing room only had your name on the door, what did you think they just forgot?" Blair continues to yell