Don't Lie to a Bass

I loved writing this chapter. Enjoy.

"You're in for a real treat son. I even amazed myself with this Bolognese."

"I'm amazed at how calm you're active. Your 15-year-old daughter's moved in with her crazy model friend."

"And with the model's mother, whom I met today for lunch. Granted, Agnes' mother's more Courtney Love than June Cleaver, but she's a committed parent, and she's gone through similar phases with Agnes. She promises to call every day, so Jenny's safe."

"You're gonna act like you're cool with it so she chooses to come home instead of being forced. Well, that's, uh, risky, but I like it."

"I hope it works." Rufus heads over to his pot to serve some to Dan.

"SO, you ready for the best sauce ever?"

"U, you know, actually I can't stay. I'm gonna meet Shapiro, and I know you don't agree with me writing a story about Chuck and his mother..."

"I don't believe in using other people to get what you want. Especially when that person is your friend." Dan knows there is a fine line for him to write about Chuck and his mother he is basically writing about Ella as well.

"Well, Shapiro loved the story. He's writing me the recommendation for Yale."

"Congratulations. Have you tolled Ella this?" Dan has only spoken to Ella through text, she's been busy with work and school.

"No, but I'll tell her."

"She'll want to read your story that got you the recommendation."

"I'll give her another one, she doesn't need to..."

"What? That you're exploiting her family to get into Yale? Son, I have always supported you and your sister in everything you've wanted to do. Ella despite who her family may be is an exceptional person. If you publish this story she may never forgive you."

"I don't believe that, plus Ella dislikes Bart and..."

"Bart is still her father. And Ella only has her father and brother in her life. No matter how she feels towards Bart, he is still her father and I know deep down she does love and care for him. You didn't see her at the Philanthropic ball, she was deeply hurt that Jenny would crash it. She values family above all else." Dan takes what his dad says in consideration, but that's as far as it goes.

"Thank you, dad for the talk, but I need to see Shapiro."

__________________________________
"Though it seems like just yesterday Serena, Ella, and I were 8 and playing dress-up in my mother's vintage Manolios, my 18th birthday has finally arrived. The party needs to be perfect, so blood orange martinis or beluga and Belvedere?"

"Why don't we make different drinks tonight and do a taste test?" Finally, one good thing that has come from Penelope's mouth.

"Oh, I can't. I'm meeting my mother's new boyfriend."

"Even moms have boyfriends, and I don't." Hazel is all down.

"You don't need a man Hazel. You're great just the way you are."

"Easy for you to say. Miss, I dated one of the hottest guys in New York. And he was older."

"Yeah, but ladies remember not every shiny gem is a diamond, some are just cheap cubic zirconium."

"And you're better off without him E." Blair holds my hand. "I mean Carter is a fool to let you go. You've been on how many magazine covers and you basically are fashion royalty. All the designers want to work with you. Carter who?" I love that my friends can help me feel better after this tough breakup. I know I should have been strong enough to move on from him, but there's still some closure I never got and I never will.