Dinner Disaster

Only a few more chapters before season 1 is over!!!! Leave your thoughts on how you're likening this book in the comments.

Bart and Chuck left town for a business meeting and I stayed home to have my first aloe dinner with the van der Woodsen's. I'm looking forward to dinner, it's like old times when I would spend the night at Serena's and we would discuss everything that has happened in our lives. But now I must survive the drama with Blair, who has now obsessed over Jenny's new found popularity.

"It's a snub from one party, B."

You don't even like Asher, why would you want to attend his party?" I ask eating my hummus and crackers.

"I didn't like last season's Louis Vuitton patchwork bag either, but that doesn't mean I want to see it all over town on Jenny Humphrey's arm."

"Touché." Is all Serena can say.

"What do you say we have a girls' night out tonight?"

"Oh, sorry we can't."

"Bart and Chuck are gone on business and it will be the first family dinner Serena and I will have with Lilly and Eric since Bart and Lily's engagement." I know Blair hates when we leave her out, but it is a family matter.

"Let me remind you." She directs her attention to Serena. "Of a little promise, you made. Don't go to France I'll be there for you."

We rest our hands on her shoulders trying to comfort her, but she still looks annoyed, but she'll get over it when we give her a box of her favorite macaroons.

"I'm really sorry I've been distant, but things will be better soon, I promise."

"Yeah, and Bart has me on a strict schedule so I am available for wedding planning. I can't even work on modeling until after the wedding because he doesn't want anything to interfere with it. Gina has been so angry that I've had to say no to everything she's presented me. I even had to ask permission for Carter to visit me this week."

"Wow, poor E has to make time for her perfect older boyfriend." I push her shoulder laughing. Dan comes up to us looking frazzled.

"What's wrong? You look stressed, even for you." Serena looks worried for her boyfriend. Dan takes a seat with us.

"I'm still worried about Jenny."

"You mean because she's self-obsessed, self-serving, self-centered, self..."

"B, he's talking about Jenny, not you." She glares daggers into my head.

"No. No, I wish it was about her and herself, but it's more about who she's with. I can't get through to her. I tried and she just completely blew me off, and she dissed my pants."

"I mean the diss wasn't uncalled for." I stated looking at the sad pants Dan decided to wear. He was slightly offended.

"Maybe I underestimated her." Blair is annoyed again.

"Hey, what's wrong with my pants?" Dan asks me.

"The fact that you don't know Dan, is exactly what's wrong with them." He's a smart boy but he's slow on common sense.

"She's just going through a phase. We all went through it." Serena tries to save the conversation.

"Like Elle for example, she would sneak into clubs every school night freshman year just to get her dad's attention."

"Speak for yourself S, you went with me." I add with a smile.

"And apparently, some of us still are in it." We look at Blair who is ready with a comeback.